6th Street Bridge - Los Angeles, CA USA

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Jonathan F/2, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I photographed the 6th Street Bridge using my newly acquired Olympus 8mm 1.8 Fisheye and the E-M5 mk.II. I utilized the 40mp high res mode, and shot everything 16:9. It was great to take pictures of this iconic bridge before they eventually tear it down!

sixth_bridge.

bridge_skyline.

bridge_support.

la_skyline.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Great set and great lens. How about giving a little review Oly's pro 8mm vs 7.5mm?

3. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'll try and post my impressions this weekend. Briefly though, while I find the Oly 8mm a very good pro grade lens, the Rok 7.5mm is by no means a slouch and even excels in certain areas over the Olympus fisheye! :eek:;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I don't care which lens you used for those shots....all I know is that I like them - a lot!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kb_78

kb_78 New to Mu-43

Nov 28, 2015
    Great images! The second and the last ones are my favorits. In the second one especially the arch suits the image, imho.

6. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Did you take 16mp shots for comparison? I'm interested in whether you could see a difference in 40mp.

7. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's definitely a noticeable difference between 16mp and 40mp. It's big enough that I don't bother even shooting urban/landscape shots in the standard 16mp size unless I'm in situation where I can't. Also going into hi res mode takes a little bit of in-camera menu prep before I can shoot. Saying that I think it's a very useful feature and adds more value to M43 bodies moving forward. I have Nikon DSLRs and while I'd say the performance from those cameras are better suited for these type of shots, the E-M5 II makes it easier shooting from difficult locations due to the smaller size. I do wish they'd improve the the 8 second and f/8 aperture cap. In dimmer conditions, you'll need fast glass.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Abfahrt

Abfahrt Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 2, 2015
    Squaw Valley, California
    Pete Bansen
    Really nice images! Thanks for showing them!

9. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Your welcome! I'm going to try and make one more trip to the bridge this month. In January it'll be demolished and replaced with a brand new bridge!