65mm fisheye

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I was scrolling through the 4/3 lenses on Adorama and scrolled past a 65mm fisheye. I had to stop for a look as that seemed incredibly unique. Turns out it was a 6.5mm fisheye at less than scrolling through speed. It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5f1.2 lens. It's not really a 2.5, it's a 42.5 but in the title line they left off the 4. That would be another interesting lens though.

Last edited:

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.
Probably not very interesting as it'd be like having a 64 mm telephoto with a little bit of barrel distortion. Regardless of the projection chosen the diagonal angle of view on μ43 would be 19°, which corresponds to that of a well corrected a rectilinear 64.5 mm lens (Atkins).

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5 f/1.2 lens.
(Ultra)wide phone lenses commonly have focal lengths around 2.5 mm or shorter, though they're usually closer to f/2. Certain C mount CCTV lenses also approach this, though the fastest I can think offhand is f/1.6. If you were curious of the 153° angle of view which a 2.5 mm rectilinear lens would provide on μ43 I'd suggest reviewing the ultrawide threads here with an eye towards the how wide is wide enough discussions. To summarize succinctly, quite a few of us have found rectilinear becomes not the most useful projection somewhere in the vicinity of 7 mm / 100° and change over to techniques like stitching and selecting projections in Hugin.

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not interested in them per se, I just found it interesting, the first due to my mis-reading while quickly scrolling through and the second due to a typo error in their listing. Stuff like that gets me thinking for a bit.

I was scrolling through the 4/3 lenses on Adorama and scrolled past a 65mm fisheye. I had to stop for a look as that seemed incredibly unique. Turns out it was a 6.5mm fisheye at less than scrolling through speed. It got me wondering what it would be like to have a 65mm fisheye though.

And to go with that lens they have a 2.5f1.2 lens. It's not really a 2.5, it's a 42.5 but in the title line they left off the 4. That would be another interesting lens though.
A 65mm lens on an 8x10 view camera would be getting fishy...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom