E-M10 Fashion Colors!

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Way too expensive for what is only added cosmetic on an already attractive camera.

Considering they give the EZ lens instead of the old kit lens and a couple of extra do-dads, matching strap and lens cap, it isn't that much more. It is a bit higher but not ridiculously higher. If I weren't in the middle of paying for a new ride right now I would pre-order an orange one.

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
Another vote for the orange one. I actually like the colors, perfect stealth mode as it makes you look like a non-serious snap shooter. :eek:

Seriously, I do like the orange.

Post-Script Edit: the straps look very nice, I wonder if they will sell them separately? I would imagine that the black would be very popular.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Not a fan. Seems like a dubious use of resources. A better solution would be to sell skin/strap/case kits like Aki Asahi. If they want, they can even bundle it. But creating new SKUs just for different colors seems like a great way to have a lot of heavily discounted non-stock-colored cameras in a couple of years.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Not a fan. Seems like a dubious use of resources. A better solution would be to sell skin/strap/case kits like Aki Asahi. If they want, they can even bundle it. But creating new SKUs just for different colors seems like a great way to have a lot of heavily discounted non-stock-colored cameras in a couple of years.

Do we know how many they are pre-building? Or since it is just a different leather-ette covering, could they just divert as needed from their existing assembly line to fill orders? Since they aren't available from anyone but Olympus themselves, it means they don't have to make stock to ship until it sells.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would love to see that Black snake skin leatherette on a silver body.

That does sound like it would be very good looking.

A better solution would be to sell skin/strap/case kits like Aki Asahi.

I would agree with you on that. If I was in charge at Olympus that is what I would have done. You pick your main body color, black or silver and then have a dozen or so different skins to pick from. I would also offer bags that match for the ultimate kit!

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
.... If I was in charge at Olympus that is what I would have done. You pick your main body color, black or silver and then have a dozen or so different skins to pick from. I would also offer bags that match for the ultimate kit!
That sounds great, especially the matching bag Idea.

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
I do like the Aki Asahi skins, but I haven't been game yet to order the skin for my E-M5 yet. The skins that apply straight on to the body all fit well, but E-M5 skin is a little trickier with the need to remove the original cover. Has anyone pimped their E-M5 yet?

soulofoto

Mu-43 Regular
I dig the color options. I wish there was a white option...I cannot tell you how many times I could not find a camera late at night-in th dark....light colors are easier to pick out....not so stealthy but I could live with orange...

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
I do like the Aki Asahi skins, but I haven't been game yet to order the skin for my E-M5 yet. The skins that apply straight on to the body all fit well, but E-M5 skin is a little trickier with the need to remove the original cover. Has anyone pimped their E-M5 yet?
I bit the bullet a few months ago and ordered skins for my E-M5. I went conservative (this time) and bought navy crinkled skins.

Removing the moulded plastic shells from the camera was easy, and forming the brass plates was easier than I expected. The body looked very bling dressed in brass before I stuck on the skins.:smile:

The whole procedure is very simple but results in a professional outcome. A great way to pimp your E-M5!

I still have an itch to reskin in a 'statement' colour - red? yellow? deep pink?

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
I dig the color options. I wish there was a white option...I cannot tell you how many times I could not find a camera late at night-in the dark....light colors are easier to pick out....not so stealthy but I could live with orange...
FWIW, white IS an option if you use an Aki Asahi skin. If you worry about white showing grime, there are about a dozen colours to choose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom