60 mm Macro giving error message

Liv2paddle

New to Mu-43
Just got a message on my Macro lens.."Please check status of lens". I have tried just about everything . Any ideas. Its a brand new lens purchased from Olympus at Christmas 2019.

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
Just a guess : maybe your lens is not attached properly ? Give it a slight turn so the blocking pin clicks into place. Otherwise maybe clean the contact points on both lens and camera ?

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
Have you tried rebooting the camera? Remove the battery for several minutes.

bargainguy

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
This was a new lens? Still under warranty? Send it back to its parents and ask them why it's misbehaving. Not acceptable behavior for a new lens.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Agreed - if its new and has faults return it (I'm assuming other lenses are fine on the same body).

Otherwise the other options -
* Find a local (shop or friend) with another body and see if the same thing happens
* Set 'shoot without lens' option on the body to see what happens - does it work with manual focus-by-wire?

Liv2paddle

New to Mu-43
Agreed - if its new and has faults return it (I'm assuming other lenses are fine on the same body).

Otherwise the other options -
* Find a local (shop or friend) with another body and see if the same thing happens
* Set 'shoot without lens' option on the body to see what happens - does it work with manual focus-by-wire?
Not sure what you mean by shoot without lens..where is that setting?

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Not sure what you mean by shoot without lens..where is that setting?

Buried in the menus on Panasonic lenses is a menu item to allow the use of adapted lenses (non-native) - otherwise the camera won't take a picture unless there is contact with the lens. Normally only set this if you shoot some other type of lens with a lens adapter (eg if you use a Pentax lens). However, if you have a Panasonic body you can at least see if the optical path to the 60mm lens is fine. The Oly bodies don't use this setting and work with whatever you put on it (from memory - once you set it you tend to forget it).

afg08

Mu-43 Regular
Make sure you have all the firmware updates on camera and lens. Got the same message not too long ago and it was the firmware update that was the culprit.

Latest threads

Top Bottom