60-Hour Post Processing Challenge #693 (winners announced)

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The competion is now closed. Judging is in progress.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have never before won a competiton and have certainly never judged one. How should I go about this? Examine each technical aspect in detail?
After some thought I decided that I would imagine each entry, beautifully printed and framed, hanging in my house. Which would I choose?

The second runner up is @RichardC

The first runner up is @Kae1 - first entry.

The winner is @WhidbeyLVR - second entry, the B/W one.

Also honourable mentions to @Rob Rider - entry 2 and @aussieg

I am quite prejudiced against B/W photos, it always seems such a shame to entirely lose the colours. So I was astonished to find that I had chosen a B/W image as the clear winner. Congratulations.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Finally, here is my own version from my photo collection. It is almost unchanged from the original, except that you will see I carefully removed all the pylons and the cables between them.

1230 NORTH CERNEY.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I have never before won a competiton and have certainly never judged one. How should I go about this? Examine each technical aspect in detail?
After some thought I decided that I would imagine each entry, beautifully printed and framed, hanging in my house. Which would I choose?

The second runner up is @RichardC

The first runner up is @Kae1 - first entry.

The winner is @WhidbeyLVR - second entry, the B/W one.

Also honourable mentions to @Rob Rider - entry 2 and @aussieg

I am quite prejudiced against B/W photos, it always seems such a shame to entirely lose the colours. So I was astonished to find that I had chosen a B/W image as the clear winner. Congratulations.
Thank you for hosting this challenge, @Growltiger . Nice image and many good entries!

I usually consider my B&W entries as ”safe” from winning (unless @BosseBe is judging), but I am glad you liked it. I have been dabbling in more B&W conversions recently and I like the ability to accentuate portions of the image to increase the contrast and drama. I much prefer to start with a color image and then use the extensive filtering and accenting tools in Nik Silver Efex for my monochrome conversion. I have never tried my camera’s built-in B&W modes.

I should be able to get a new challenge up later today.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom