60-Hour Post Processing Challenge #684 - Closed - Winner announced

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
#2 More of AI filters

AI Flower2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'd love to see that in blues/mauves/greens with a view to putting on a tee shirt? Maybe PM me? Thanks

I don't actually know who owns the rights to the image after an AI filter has used one as input but essentially created a new one from it.

Better ask todd phillips since he owns the original but as a subscribing member you should have access to the full sized image which I uploaded in any case.

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
PPC684.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

todd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
todd
Thanks for all the entries! I'll be working on results and posting back asap today.

todd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
todd
I'd love to see that in blues/mauves/greens with a view to putting on a tee shirt? Maybe PM me? Thanks

I don't actually know who owns the rights to the image after an AI filter has used one as input but essentially created a new one from it.

Better ask todd phillips since he owns the original but as a subscribing member you should have access to the full sized image which I uploaded in any case.
It's all good! ;)

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
as a subscribing member you should have access to the full sized image
As far as I know, this is not true. The forum downsizes your image to 1600 pixels on the long end, and there is no way to download your originally uploaded picture. I just double-checked this: when I download your picture, it has dimensions 1600 x 1200 (whereas the original DNG has dimensions 7360 x 4912). So if you want to share the full resolution edit, you'll have to use some other medium. :)

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As far as I know, this is not true. The forum downsizes your image to 1600 pixels on the long end, and there is no way to download your originally uploaded picture. I just double-checked this: when I download your picture, it has dimensions 1600 x 1200 (whereas the original DNG has dimensions 7360 x 4912). So if you want to share the full resolution edit, you'll have to use some other medium. :)

This seems to be the case. I just believed that subscribing members can see the uploaded image in original resolution but apparently everything is cropped to 1600px by something during upload.

Anyways, since todd phillips was OK, I can send the original AI filter flower as DNG file to anyone who finds use for it.

todd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
todd
Ok Winner is at the top and tried to sort in order of preference.. So winner is WhidbeyLVR #1 with a tight race between second and third giving second place to frankmulder #2. Congrats!

WhidbeyLVR #1 - pretty much what I tried to (wished I could) do but better.. (Here's my take)
frankmulder #2 - I'm a bit partial to excluding the background red flowers but like the treatment so much that the inclusion not only gets a pass but makes them enjoyable to look at lol. very nice touches here
Zapp DJR #2 - creative and very well done!
Robert Davidson #1 - nice crop and adjustments and red treatment. like the bit of sun left in corner
Hendrik #1 - nice treatment and way to deliver the golden look/effect. a lot of nice detail and color in subject and creative way to employ background details
Hendrik #2 - nicely bw'd and creative way to emphasize subject
rpatodia #1 - nice painterly treatment and nice crop for it. the blues add a different look from other entries
mcgillro #2 - nice bw to bring subject and light emphasis which i hadn't even considered for this shot. well done with the stamen bits
BosseBe #2 - nicely cropped and bw'd. compared to your color version the dark background works and doesnt distract
BosseBe #1 - i like the approach with the background darkening but it looks a little uneven for me in a way that's slightly distracting
rpatodia #2 - nice painterly treatment too but your #1 entry has a little more pop on subject that I prefer
WhidbeyLVR #1 - impressed by the amount of work you put in. has a nice natural look
Kae1 #1 - nice natural look
Dinobe - nice natural look
BDR-529 #2 - I like this more than your #1 entry, preferring the darker colors, and i like it because I can tell what the subject is.. nice work!
Zapp DJR #1 - like the colors and lighting effects on subject and the look of the glow around the sun.
Kae1 #2 - like the art filter on the flower but caused the background to be a bit of a distraction for me
frankmulder #1 - nice but something about the color/look of subject isn't working for me
mcgillro #1 - nice but a bit warm for me this time.. i lean warm much of the time but this time it's not working for me
BDR-529 #1 - creative take. would like it more if could more easily identify subject
sbm - I like the look of the subject

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Thank you
Ok Winner is at the top and tried to sort in order of preference.. So winner is WhidbeyLVR #1 with a tight race between second and third giving second place to frankmulder #2. Congrats!

WhidbeyLVR #1 - pretty much what I tried to (wished I could) do but better.. (Here's my take)
frankmulder #2 - I'm a bit partial to excluding the background red flowers but like the treatment so much that the inclusion not only gets a pass but makes them enjoyable to look at lol. very nice touches here
Zapp DJR #2 - creative and very well done!
Robert Davidson #1 - nice crop and adjustments and red treatment. like the bit of sun left in corner
Hendrik #1 - nice treatment and way to deliver the golden look/effect. a lot of nice detail and color in subject and creative way to employ background details
Hendrik #2 - nicely bw'd and creative way to emphasize subject
rpatodia #1 - nice painterly treatment and nice crop for it. the blues add a different look from other entries
mcgillro #2 - nice bw to bring subject and light emphasis which i hadn't even considered for this shot. well done with the stamen bits
BosseBe #2 - nicely cropped and bw'd. compared to your color version the dark background works and doesnt distract
BosseBe #1 - i like the approach with the background darkening but it looks a little uneven for me in a way that's slightly distracting
rpatodia #2 - nice painterly treatment too but your #1 entry has a little more pop on subject that I prefer
WhidbeyLVR #1 - impressed by the amount of work you put in. has a nice natural look
Kae1 #1 - nice natural look
Dinobe - nice natural look
BDR-529 #2 - I like this more than your #1 entry, preferring the darker colors, and i like it because I can tell what the subject is.. nice work!
Zapp DJR #1 - like the colors and lighting effects on subject and the look of the glow around the sun.
Kae1 #2 - like the art filter on the flower but caused the background to be a bit of a distraction for me
frankmulder #1 - nice but something about the color/look of subject isn't working for me
mcgillro #1 - nice but a bit warm for me this time.. i lean warm much of the time but this time it's not working for me
BDR-529 #1 - creative take. would like it more if could more easily identify subject
sbm - I like the look of the subject
Thank you, Todd. There were many good entries, so judging must have been difficult.

I will get the next challenge going when I can, but it may not happen until tomorrow.

Latest threads

Top Bottom