60-Hour Post Processing Challenge #674 (closed, results posted)

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Feeling a bit unwell due to the vaccination, but it did give me supernatural abilities to make a 100% objective and fair judgment. So in case you do not agree with any of this, just know that it's not my fault. ;)

I had ridden past this wall painting quite often, but never really noticed it. But a few months ago I looked up "wall paintings in Delft", and this was one of them, so I decided to shoot it. I found it intriguing: an ancient advertisement for a Dutch lemonade brand (which apparently still exists, but I hear the word "ranja" mainly used as a generic term for orange lemonade), on a house that's not in the best state anymore. Then when the skater came past, I quickly pressed the shutter button, just in case she would add something to the picture. Then I noticed that, to my colour-blind eyes, the colours of her sweater and trousers almost matched the ones in the advertisement. So I decided to keep the one where she was in the frame. I also intentionally didn't shoot straight on, because then there would be something in the way (a lamppost or something). So I planned to correct the perspective in post-processing. I will show you my edit, but let's first get to the results!

1st place: @relic #1. I like the overall atmosphere of your edit. Pleasing and soft (in a good way).
2nd place: @Hendrik. I love your artistic vision and your analysis of the picture. You surprised me by highlighting the skater instead of the advertisement. Interesting choice!
3rd place: @WhidbeyLVR #2. I like your black&white edit. Nice contrast on the painting and on the skater. I also like how you corrected the perspective.

And here's my own take on it:

P1090144_ext.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Feeling a bit unwell due to the vaccination, but it did give me supernatural abilities to make a 100% objective and fair judgment. So in case you do not agree with any of this, just know that it's not my fault. ;)
So I planned to correct the perspective in post-processing. . . . .

1st place: @relic #1. I like the overall atmosphere of your edit. Pleasing and soft (in a good way).
2nd place: @Hendrik. I love your artistic vision and your analysis of the picture. You surprised me by highlighting the skater instead of the advertisement. Interesting choice!
3rd place: @WhidbeyLVR #2. I like your black&white edit. Nice contrast on the painting and on the skater. I also like how you corrected the perspective.
Thank you very much. I was not expecting to win at all. In fact I recklessly thought that I was immune to winning. Especially now that I know you wanted to correct the perspective which I didn't do (at least not fully). So I must then blame your choice of 1st place squarely on the vaccine :)
I'll try to come up with something, hopefully today.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom