- Feb 14, 2014
- Whidbey Island
- Real Name
A cloudy day in Joshua Tree National Park last month.
Raw and JPEG files are here.
The challenge will close at the end of the day Wednesday, May 19th, Seattle local time (UTC-7).
Post-Processing Challenge Rules
- The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
- Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
- Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
- At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
- The Winner of the challenge is honored as the Master of the next Challenge.
- Images provided by Challenge Masters must be their own. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.
- "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
- Compositing is allowed, provided the use of the donor image does not violate any licensing or copyright restrictions.
- As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
- If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honor passes to the next Runner-up.