60 Hour Post Processing Challenge #646 - Results announced

relic

Hobbyist
I used Elements to edit the file. Cropped, shifted the purplish-red color towards red, then using ON1 Effects 10 plug-in, added a little "dynamic contrast' and a little vignette.

P1433518dLL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

roboroto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Uncropped. I had to remove the "ignore jpg" (or whatever it was) option to load in DT3.4. Or actually, probably should've just used something else. Anyway, nothing much done here but I did blur out everything but the central rider a bit. And got rid of the helmet to the left.

P1433518_edited.jpg

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
Well! Speak of using Super Resolution. It came in handy for this little frippery. Some Camera Raw, a lot of Photoshop.

Late For The Heat
P1260158-Enhanced.jpg

betamax

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan
P1260158.jpg

relic

Hobbyist
Edited file in DxO PL2, then tweaked a bit and cropped in PS Elements, converted to B&W using Nik Silver Efex plug-in.

P1260158_DxOdc_silverEfex2LL.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Rider

Mu-43 Veteran
P1433518.jpg

Rob Rider

Mu-43 Veteran
Processed in Topaz Studio 2
P1433518-studio.jpeg

Last edited:

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek

P1433518lca1.jpg

Last edited:

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek

P1433518lca2.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
I would like to enter a JPEG image for the post processing competition but due to my ignorance I don't know if your editing software supports JPEG
AFAIK all PP software support JPEG, if someone is using a program that only can handle Raw files there are a lot of free options out there to try out.
I prefer to work on Raw files as there is more room for processing with a Raw. A JPEG is locked into an 8-bit format and a lot of the options in a photo editor don't work on that or if they work they have less room for changes.

That said, I think it is good to try to get the most out of a JPEG now and then.
So thanks for the challenge!

Kae1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
As the bike was my preference for an image to process I’ve concentrated on scrutinising those entries. With regards to the landscape I particularly like the natural looking colours in @Robert Davidson ’s entry and the re-interpretations done by both @relic and @Hendrik.

With regards to the bike image I normally ignore shooting through catch fencing if I can. The fence makes composition restrictive whilst the wire can mess up colour, saturation, contrast, sharpness and create a patchy image too. As bike 333 is the focal point of the picture I primarily wanted to see what could be done to “rescue” the bike and then secondly produce a more interesting crop/edit.

It hasn’t been easy to make a decision as I’ve been so impressed with all your processing and editing skills. My top three each has an element which I either hadn’t been able to achieve or even thought about!
I would like to award podium places to :-

3rd place – @protapic - Bike rescued, nice crop, helmet removed

2nd place – @Rob Rider #1 – Bike rescued, great balance of contrast, sharpness and colour.

Winner – @WhidbeyLVR – Bike rescued, nice colour, helmet removed, plus the added bonus of a great crop & edit which made for a better picture.

Congratulations @WhidbeyLVR and over to you for the next challenge.

Latest threads

Top Bottom