60-Hour Post-Processing Challenge #633 (closed, results posted)

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
PPC633web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another image from long long ago, using my first m43 camera and lens on my first trip with that gear. Captured from a boat along the canals of Bruges.

Raw and jpg files are here.

Challenge will close at day's end on Thursday, February 4th, Seattle local time (UTC -8).

----------

Post-Processing Challenge Rules
  1. The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
  2. Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
  3. Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
  4. At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
  5. The Winner of the challenge is honored as the Master of the next Challenge.

Notes:
  • Images provided by Challenge Masters must be their own. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.
  • "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
  • Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
  • Compositing is allowed provided the use of the donor image does not violate any licensing or copyright restrictions.
  • As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
  • If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honor passes to the next Runner-up.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Used the ORF file in DxO PL4, my usual settings plus geometry using DxO Viewpoint to straighten the buildings.
Enhanced the orange of the church brick tower and cropped to 1:1.
Entry #1
PPC633_DxO_Web.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Oh, I forgot about the removal of a disturbance, I have rectified that by removing more for this B&W!
Entry #2:
PPC633_DxO_Web_1.jpg

Edit: I see that I need to revisit the repairs! I will probably take this into PS Elements to get a better repair. But that is for tomorrow.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Entry 1

Initial adjustments in Adobe Camera RAW. Church spire became very elongated following perspective correction. Squashed the image in Photoshop. Finished in Photoshop with minor alterations to colour balance, saturation, contrast and a frame.

PPC633-1-1.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.48.28.png Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.05.18.png Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.09.13.png Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.46.00.png

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Entry 2

Starting with entry 1, lightened foreground with ACR gradient filter then added Photoshop filters: rough pastels, crosshatch (in filter gallery, you can apply multiple filters then change the order of application for different effects). Added canvas texture. Finally, ON1 antique filter at 50%.

PPC633-1-2.jpg

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nice challenge. Edited raw file in DxO PL2 (partially straightened image trying to preserve as much of the image as was reasonable, then adjusted light levels/contrast, applied default noise reduction, a tad of lens sharpening, and chromatic aberration correction to remove magenta edges of clouds), then tweaked in Elements (content aware fill for sky, a somewhat messy job of removing cars (copy & paste and clone stamp), more light level adjustments, a very slight dynamic contrast (using ON1 Effects), slight desaturation and downsizing.

PPC633_DxOdcLL.jpg

corrected perspective, added extra sky afterwards, fixed some purple fringe in the tree, denoise AI , and some other adjustments.
PPC633.jpg

I used the sky replacement tool in photshop
PPC633b.jpg

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
PPC633-1.jpg

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
PPC633.jpg

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek

PPC633-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
PPC633_01.jpg

I've added a second colour image (don't know if this is agains the rules). The image is exactly similar to my first entry, but has more contrast.

Last edited:

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran
20210203114817-337207d9.jpg

roboroto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mike
Edited in DT3.4. More contrast/sharpening on the tower than the rest to highlight it. Maybe.

No beautiful vehicle here, unfortunately.

PPC633_edited.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom