60 Hour Post Processing Challenge #626 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
Inspired by @relic, some sky added at the top. Touch-ups here and there.

Last edited:

Kae1

Mu-43 Regular
Another episode in my "never too old to learn" journey. I've just discovered RAW this week (now that I've upgraded my Photoshop Elements and got my PC working properly) and am amazed at the additional flexibility it can offer over JPEG.

P1011772r1ar.jpg

Love the French Alps and the Chamonix Valley - brought back lots of happy memories of "normal" times.

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Entry #2: My attempt at a B&W version. Applied Nik Silver Efex with orange filter to entry #1.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Thanks all for your entries.

I was very excited when I took this picture. The first time I'd seen an actual glacier apart from on the telly or in a geography lesson at school. There was no opportunity to pull over and take pictures, we were in a big queue for the tunnel and I'd probably have got thumped by an irate holidaymaker.

As such - there are a few issues. At least my camera was set to RAW.

1) There's a peculiar colour cast - probably from my dirty van window
2) It's soft
3) It has motion blur
4) It's on the wonk
5) It's noisy in the trees
6) There's an ugly road sign in the way ('Scène de meurtre : photographie interdite')
7) There's some nasty chromatic aberration on the crest of the mountain
8) The highlights are almost blown
9) Composition leaves a little to be desired
10) The guard rail isn't exactly pretty

In view of the above, 1st prize goes to Lyle @WhidbeyLVR , black and version, for fixing more or less all of it.
2nd - @BosseBe - black and white
3rd - @Brodhall - for ambitious bridge and shadow removal

In case anyone is wondering why I went for the monochrome versions of 1 & 2 (even with the red rocks and great colour correction) - there's a few blobs of magenta creeping in to the snow up top - and despite my best efforts, I just can't un-see it!

@WhidbeyLVR 's turn to host.

Real Name
Sue

I was very excited when I took this picture. The first time I'd seen an actual glacier apart from on the telly or in a geography lesson at school. There was no opportunity to pull over and take pictures, we were in a big queue for the tunnel and I'd probably have got thumped by an irate holidaymaker.

2) It's soft
3) It has motion blur
4) It's on the wonk
6) There's an ugly road sign in the way ('Scène de meurtre : photographie interdite')

In view of the above, 1st prize goes to Lyle @WhidbeyLVR , black and version, for fixing more or less all of it.

In case anyone is wondering why I went for the monochrome versions of 1 & 2 (even with the red rocks and great colour correction) - there's a few blobs of magenta creeping in to the snow up top - and despite my best efforts, I just can't un-see it!

Thank you so much for the mention - Congratulations @WhidbeyLVR, a well deserved winner :yahoo:

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Interesting. I can see hints of pink on the snow on Bo’s and Relic’s color entries too, although mine was clearly the worst. It is curious that we were all using DxO. So I‘m wondering if there is some consistent magenta color processing bias in DxO with the E-PL3 sensor, and maybe my other processing magnified the error. Anyway, thanks for noticing. I’ll have to remember to pay attention to it in the future, especially if I drag my old E-PL3 out of the closet at some point.

Anyway, thanks, as always, for the challenge and the nod. I will try to get a new challenge up later today.

Real Name
Sue
Interesting. I can see hints of pink on the snow on Bo’s and Relic’s color entries too, although mine was clearly the worst. It is curious that we were all using DxO. So I‘m wondering if there is some consistent magenta color processing bias in DxO with the E-PL3 sensor, and maybe my other processing magnified the error. Anyway, thanks for noticing. I’ll have to remember to pay attention to it in the future, especially if I drag my old E-PL3 out of the closet at some point.

Anyway, thanks, as always, for the challenge and the nod. I will try to get a new challenge up later today.
Spännande!

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran

2) It's soft
3) It has motion blur
4) It's on the wonk

Congratulations everyone! I did download it, but my skills are very basic, just moving a few sliders in LR mainly :). So well done.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
just moving a few sliders in LR mainly
That is what we all do! With time maybe we learn something and stop doing it randomly.
This competition is a fantastic way to learn, don't be afraid to ask questions if you wonder how something was done, we are supposed to explain what we have done, but I have gotten lazy! ;)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
That is what we all do! With time maybe we learn something and stop doing it randomly.
This competition is a fantastic way to learn, don't be afraid to ask questions if you wonder how something was done, we are supposed to explain what we have done, but I have gotten lazy! ;)
I agree Bo. You have got lazy.

So have I :)

Real Name
Sue
Congratulations everyone! I did download it, but my skills are very basic, just moving a few sliders in LR mainly :). So well done.
If you read what I have done it normally says - played with a few sliders - sometimes I never remember how I got from a-z. Always good to have a bit of screen down-time in between and refer back to the original occasionally

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom