60 hour post processing challenge #621 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
A dull original - however - I've had a look and there is a picture in there somewhere.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The challenge will remain open until 21.00, Saturday, December 26 (Over the 60 hour mark, but I'm guessing some of you may have things to do on 25th :biggrin: )

Files:

ORF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/say6yj3eupagauw/P2110242.ORF?dl=0

JPEG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5zsx0j1xwrogcm/P2110242.jpg?dl=0

Post-Processing Challenge Rules

The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
  1. Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
  2. Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
  3. At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
  4. The Winner of the challenge is honoured as the Master of the next Challenge

Notes:
  • Images provided by Challenge Masters must be their own. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.
  • "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
  • Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
  • Compositing is allowed provided the use of the donor image does not violate any licensing or copyright restrictions.
  • As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
  • If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honour passes to the next Runner-up.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I begin with a B&W, I will probably come back with a colour Entry later.
Entry #1:

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Entry #2:

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Entry 1

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Very nice scene that I tried not to ruin too much. Used raw file in DxO PL2 then in Elements. Started over twice, but still unhappy with my result but had to stop sometime.

Last edited:

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
LR 6.14 warmed a bit and basic slider adjustments, then brilliance and warmth in Colour Efex. Oh and cropped.

Last edited:

rpatodia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh
Lovely pic. Processed in DxO PL2 followed by 16:9 crop

rpatodia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh
B&W version

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Sorry, I cannot post it normal size for some reason (I think that I always post the same way but sometimes I can only get this size). Please click on it to see it larger.
The upgrade of the forum SW has introduced a new button when uploading a photo, it is called "Insert Thumbnail" and is separated from the "Insert Photo" button with a a very thin and hard to see line.
For me it seems there is only one button, but there are 2, the left most part is for the thumbnail and the right most part is for inserting the full picture.
So I think both @relic and @mcgillro has pressed to far left on the button.

Merry Christmas everyone!

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
@relic I've just checked and the insert picture feature seems to be working for me now.

Are you pressing 'insert image into post'? Maybe there was a fault?
The upgrade of the forum SW has introduced a new button when uploading a photo, it is called "Insert Thumbnail" and is separated from the "Insert Photo" button with a a very thin and hard to see line.
For me it seems there is only one button, but there are 2, the left most part is for the thumbnail and the right most part is for inserting the full picture.

Thank you both very much! Obviously I'm not very observant: I had not noticed that there were two buttons there and I must have been randomly clicking on one or the other. Thanks again!

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited:

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Entry #2: applied Kodachrome64 emulation (DxO FilmPack 5) to entry #1 then added a layer of fog (Nik Color Efex) at 25% opacity. Now that I saw @Zeus1's 2nd entry, I think that that was the effect I was after, but I am far from being able to do that :). No matter what I do, I seem to get rather harsh results (tried a bit of blur, and a bit of desaturation, and even a bit of fog, which all seemed to help, but only marginally).

P2110242_DxOdccLL3_kodachrome64_fog.jpg

Last edited:

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Entry #2. Re-worked my first try, while studying luminosity masks using Lumenzia (extremely powerful, but difficult to understand/master, even with the teaching videos).

And a very happy X-Mas to all of You, let's continue these competitions in a happy and friendly atmosphere!

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran

I did the same as I always do . have just edited, and it worked this time :)

Entry #2

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom