60-Hour Post Processing Challenge #615 - COMPETITION IS CLOSED - Winners announced

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Barrel Rock, Bude, UK. Named after the beacon which is literally a barrel up a metal pole.

What can you do with this?

P5060124.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RAW: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gzuol73t1ok9ml/P5060124.ORF?dl=0

JPEG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7zm4p9lwlnd0pd/P5060124.jpg?dl=0

Challenge will close on Saturday, December 5th at 10:00 AM, GMT.

----------

Post-Processing Challenge Rules

The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
  1. Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
  2. Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
  3. At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
  4. The Winner of the challenge is honored as the Master of the next Challenge

Notes:
  • Images provided by Challenge Masters must be their own. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.
  • "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
  • Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
  • Compositing is allowed provided the use of the donor image does not violate any licensing or copyright restrictions.
  • As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
  • If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honor passes to the next Runner-up.

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
P5060124.jpg

Very nice spot. I just did a small crop and some minor Photoshop adjustments.​

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
What can I do?
Well, the sky will be left for others so just a crop to get rid off a bit of it.
Then the usual settings and a HSL for the green.
I did change the WB to daylight to get it a little bluer, thought the breaking waves was a little to yellow.
P5060124_DxO_Web.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
And of course I can create a B&W from the above!
P5060124_DxO_Web_1.jpg

todd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
todd
20201202210257-2ba894fa.jpg

stretchy stretch stretch

mcgillro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Minor adjustments in Lightroom, including a crop, then colour efex.
P5060124-Edit.jpg

mcgillro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Then Nik silver efex: vintage effect
P5060124-Edit-Edit.jpg

relic

Hobbyist
P5060124_DxOdcLL.jpg

relic

Hobbyist
Entry #2: I warmed up parts of entry #1 (the sky and the rock) using Nik Color Efex (Brilliance/Warmth filter).

P5060124_DxOdcLL2.jpg

Last edited:

Brodhall

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sue
This was not an easy one.
Attempt #1
I just slid a few sliders about and a little graduation filter, and slight vignette.
P5060124_2.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Barrel Rocks, Dude!
Inspired by @Brodhall I did this version, out of contest of course since I already have done my 2 entries, a selective colour one.
Took the first colour entry and set Vibrancy and Saturation to -100, to turn it B&W. Then I used the local correction tools, a control point on the barrel and a auto-mask on the pole, to raise the Vibrancy and Saturation also maxed out Clearview and raised the exposure a bit on the local corrections .
P5060124_DxO_Web_2.jpg

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
I like your placement of the pole at the left third. Then I wondered what you saw that balanced it. My guess is the low bank of cloud, possibly fog. I decided to make the cloud more prominent and menacing while maintaining the more cheerful foreground. All done in Adobe Camera Raw, mostly with a couple of luminance range masks.

P5060124-1.jpg

Brodhall

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Barrel Rocks, Dude!
Inspired by @Brodhall I did this version, out of contest of course since I already have done my 2 entries, a selective colour one.
Took the first colour entry and set Vibrancy and Saturation to -100, to turn it B&W. Then I used the local correction tools, a control point on the barrel and a auto-mask on the pole, to raise the Vibrancy and Saturation also maxed out Clearview and raised the exposure a bit on the local corrections .
View attachment 861146
Ah - du tog mitt andra bidrag :-O

Latest threads

Top Bottom