60 Hour Post Processing Challenge - 604 - Now Closed - Winner Announced!

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Entry 1 (color, with a bit of tree trimming):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Entry 2 (through Nik Silver Efex):

say_doyster

Mu-43 Regular
Everyone is just killing this beautiful image. I am so glad I don't have to judge this competition!!

Anyway, here is my attempt - Import ACR with a gradient on the sky and my normal processing in P-shop.

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Entry #2: applied Kodachrome 64 emulation to entry #1 using DxO FilmPack 5.

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, this was a tough one to judge... I've been keeping track of the entries, so already had some idea, but I kept changing my mind... There were lots of entries very close to each other, and they were all excellent. But as of now:

#3 was @Robert Davidson entry. Nice and crisp and the tighter crop worked well. It was really close between this one and Todd's.

#2 goes to @todd phillips . Nicely balanced, and very natural, and the sky/clouds were nice and contrasty. I think that B/W crop worked well too.

However, Number 1 goes to the largest cropped image in vintage B/W from @RichardC . I think the rickety trees made the photo look harsh, but the vintage B/W treatment took some of that away, and the portrait crop worked well, giving it a little more depth and focus. I liked it!

Thanks for everyone that had a go! Great entries from everyone as always. Over to you Richard!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom