52 weeks in 2019

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Week 46:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Stone. This is probably concrete but it is stone to me

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Stone bust of a Jackson in front of a stone column, but this isn’t “Stonewall” Jackson.

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
Week 46: Stone

Ok, not too far behind. I had to check to make sure I had last week's assignment done. Now here is this week's from me. Easy, I live in the Rocky Mountains...

Old quarry, just west of town. Next to the quarry the founding fathers put the city dump. Amazing. Finally, now it is an open space with hiking/biking trails amidst the huge red granite and sandstone rocks. Red Rocks Open Space.

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
and you post them in Black and white :) Do you have them in Color so we can see the Red Granite Stone?
"As you wish." :)
Here is one that shows the cutting technique used at this quarry. It took me awhile to get over the beloved Founding Fathers penchant to destroy the natural beauty they saw around them.

Someone (some "genius") looked at this (below) and thought "We should put the city dump here and carve that up for building materials!" And it has only taken us 130 years to see another possibility. It always amazes me what The Doctor sees in us. :)

Here is one that shows the cutting technique used at this quarry. It took me awhile to get over the beloved Founding Fathers penchant to destroy the natural beauty they saw around them.
View attachment 787001

Someone (some "genius") looked at this (below) and thought "We should put the city dump here and carve that up for building materials!" And it has only taken us 130 years to see another possibility. It always amazes me what The Doctor sees in us. :)
View attachment 787009
This is where I injured my ankle that has kept me out of commission for the last 6 weeks!

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
View attachment 787001

View attachment 787009
Much better in color. Some things improve with moody or artsy B&W, these do not.

As for the carving and dumping, hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it? If you were alive 130 years ago (1889ish) and had to make a choice based on limited options and the word being a much larger place, what would you have done? I suspect most of us would've erred on the side of survival. I need a place to live, I need this waste to go away. What's that? Whaddya' mean there's no curbside pickup of recycleables or trash? What's a curb? What's the phone # for City Hall? Where's the phone? What wires?

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
I just had what I think is a light at the end of a 6-year tunnel. I was walking at the mall and suddenly realized I was not concentrating but was holding a steady line!!! Ever since I re-learned walking after a stroke, I have not been able to walk a straight line without focussing. There I was, just walking at a good clip past shop windows, when suddenly I noticed how easy it was to keep to a line on the mall floor. After a couple of miles at good pace,I started to tire a bit and wander. But after a short rest, I was again able to stand completely upright (or what seemed to me completely upright) and walk in a straight line without focussing on it.

It really feels like a breakthrough, as though I am entering a new stage. I just HAD to share the news. Not at all TIRED (this week's assignment) right now. Pumped is a better description.

Thanks for listening.

Walking out to a drifted in car is what prompted the theme:

Here's a tired shot from last week (if you can't stay awake on a teacup ride, there is no hope)

More white stuff:

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Week 47 : "Tired"

Tired of preparing for the Big Test!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom