52 weeks in 2019

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Week 33: Jewelry

2F23C59A-0583-45CD-A82D-8B63E5970C30.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One Valentines Day years ago
I gave my wife a necklace with a “key to my heart”, matching earrings were included.

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
That picture is kind of scary! It looks like a mask when you can't see the eyes.
You are right, the original picture was so backlit that you had to work to get the details in the face. It was easier to go the other way and turn it into B&W. This is the picture the other way. I didn’t save the original picture. It is still on the camera

047ADB0A-6811-45F3-8836-71F2C7F08836.jpeg

Sentimental value: the cross my grandparents gifted me when I was baptized and my great grandfather's watch. Both sitting on my grandfather's desk; all of which I hope to pass onto my kids...

Real Name
Steve
last light - silhouette

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
Week 34: Silhouette
Didn't think about this until I was out walking today (finally caught up with the house painting and weeding and garden and testing ideas for storing zuchinni, etc.) So, here are my thoughts on "Silhouette" - I'm glad to see it spelled so I know I spell it correctly. Now for the images I thought of:

Can a silhouette be relative? Subject darker than the background?
34-1340891.jpg

Ok, is there a 'technical' name for such images; or should we come up with something here? Meanwhile, here's a more standard interpretation of a silhouette (if I write it 100 times I should know how to spell 'silhouette' tomorrow; right?)
34-8230492.jpg

Is the rider better centered or offset?
34-8230496.jpg

So, why can't a silhouette just be relative value difference?? And is it better to Slice the zuchinni, fry it with spices, and THEN dry it into chips? Or should I dry it first and then fry it with spices when I'm about to use it mid-winter?

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Week 34: Silhouette
Didn't think about this until I was out walking today (finally caught up with the house painting and weeding and garden and testing ideas for storing zuchinni, etc.) So, here are my thoughts on "Silhouette" - I'm glad to see it spelled so I know I spell it correctly. Now for the images I thought of:

Can a silhouette be relative? Subject darker than the background?
View attachment 770100

Ok, is there a 'technical' name for such images; or should we come up with something here? Meanwhile, here's a more standard interpretation of a silhouette (if I write it 100 times I should know how to spell 'silhouette' tomorrow; right?)
View attachment 770101

Is the rider better centered or offset?
View attachment 770102

So, why can't a silhouette just be relative value difference?? And is it better to Slice the zuchinni, fry it with spices, and THEN dry it into chips? Or should I dry it first and then fry it with spices when I'm about to use it mid-winter?
I wondered the same thing so I looked it up. I think the second definition describes something different than an all black figure or outline, but you wouldn't want too much detail. "the outline or general shape of something".

1. a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cutout or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, especially a black-paper, miniature cutout of the outlines of a person's face in profile.

2. the outline or general shape of something: the slim silhouette of a skyscraper.

3. a dark image outlined against a lighter background.

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
I wondered the same thing so I looked it up. I think the second definition describes something different than an all black figure or outline, but you wouldn't want too much detail. "the outline or general shape of something".

1. a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cutout or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, especially a black-paper, miniature cutout of the outlines of a person's face in profile.

2. the outline or general shape of something: the slim silhouette of a skyscraper.

3. a dark image outlined against a lighter background.
Yes, got it. But what to do with all this zuchinni? Maybe I should do a silhouette (Hey! I spelled that without looking!) of zuchinni. Hmmm, that's a thought. So.....using definition 3, if I reduce the brightness of the flower, but leave the detail, maybe it would qualify?
And is it "Dry, then Fry." or "Fry, then Dry."?? Hungry minds want to know.

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes, got it. But what to do with all this zuchinni? Maybe I should do a silhouette (Hey! I spelled that without looking!) of zuchinni. Hmmm, that's a thought. So.....using definition 3, if I reduce the brightness of the flower, but leave the detail, maybe it would qualify?
And is it "Dry, then Fry." or "Fry, then Dry."?? Hungry minds want to know.
I believe there is only one "n" in zucchini. :whistling:

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
I believe there is only one "n" in zucchini. :whistling:
No fair! I already learned a new word today!! Ok, one n and 2 c's, one 'n' and 2 c's, one en and 2 seas, one...
Does that mean "Fry, then dry" then; or does that mean "Dry, then fry."?? Or should I just try to pickle the whole lot? My son thinks we'd get really tired of pickled zucchini (sp!!), I also have a bunch freezing; but drying seems like it would take the least amount of room and can be stored anywhere.
Conundrum (sp?).

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Funny you should say that. I'll post up my first offering later.

And you're overthinking the whole thing. What was that old Outback commercial? "No Rules, just Right!"

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
I hear you loud and clear. You're saying mail the zucchini to you. No worries; I just need an address.
This is for Walt. Thelma Sander squash...or...hot air balloon? And no on the zucchini, I'm pulling most of my plants tomorrow, we have enough.

P1025654 by telecast, on Flickr

Forgot the real camera, this will have to do

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
This is for Walt. Thelma Sander squash...or...hot air balloon? And no on the zucchini, I'm pulling most of my plants tomorrow, we have enough.

View attachment 770154

P1025654 by telecast, on Flickr
I immediately saw the squash. I'm donating the rest of mine to the local food kitchen. Forget long-term storage, zucchini is cheap, even in winter. But i'd still like to find a method of preservation that works for me. Easy and inexpensive. Just dried 3 zucchini and then deep fried them into chips. About 2 mouthfuls. Nix that. Freezer is almost full, might end up getting a separate freezer - I could store lots of stuff in it; film, chemicals, meat, veggies, more film, more dektol... ice cream...etc...

Next year, remind me again, only ONE zucchini plant. Only ONE. Not 6.

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
Week 34 Mark II (Silhouette):
Ok, so last day to post for last week's assignment (Silhouette), and this is what was in my head as I awoke. Enjoy!

And I have decided to shred and freeze more of the zucchini; and donate the rest to the local soup kitchen run by Catholic Charities. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom