512GB SD Card

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Oct 18, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I too have 512MB and 16MB in the old days for my camera, a Fujifilm Z1 P&S, which were XD cards, probably a dead format by now. I think XD card was advertised as smaller and more power saving then, and Olympus was supposed to be using XD cards before switching to SD.

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I know I'm showing my age, but I still have a perfectly good SanDisk 4mb CF card that I bought for an HP palmtop WindowsCE device during the latter part of the previous millennium.

4. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I thought that I had a smaller one and I did, but it was a 8MB (Canon card). I can still remember the arm and a leg I was paying for those 512MB cards that I used in my E-1. I think when they first came out (years before the E-1), the price was much the same as for these 512GB cards.

5. ThereAndBackAgain

ThereAndBackAgain Fighting GAS

May 26, 2014
    North Devon, England
    David
    512Gb? I make that about 58000 large-fine jpegs. Imagine coming home from holiday with a full card and realising you had to look through them all..... :) 

6. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    It is designed mainly for video, especially 4K, which devours memory. But I guess it's also good for the likes of the D810 and A7R, which probably also devour memory during those holidays. ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.