1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

512GB SD Card

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Oct 18, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I too have 512MB and 16MB in the old days for my camera, a Fujifilm Z1 P&S, which were XD cards, probably a dead format by now. I think XD card was advertised as smaller and more power saving then, and Olympus was supposed to be using XD cards before switching to SD.

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I know I'm showing my age, but I still have a perfectly good SanDisk 4mb CF card that I bought for an HP palmtop WindowsCE device during the latter part of the previous millennium.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I thought that I had a smaller one and I did, but it was a 8MB (Canon card). I can still remember the arm and a leg I was paying for those 512MB cards that I used in my E-1. I think when they first came out (years before the E-1), the price was much the same as for these 512GB cards.

5. ThereAndBackAgain

ThereAndBackAgain Fighting GAS

May 26, 2014
    North Devon, England
    David
    512Gb? I make that about 58000 large-fine jpegs. Imagine coming home from holiday with a full card and realising you had to look through them all..... :)

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    It is designed mainly for video, especially 4K, which devours memory. But I guess it's also good for the likes of the D810 and A7R, which probably also devour memory during those holidays. ;)