1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED 500mm F8 & Two "T" Adapters $45

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by oldracer, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    [​IMG]

Yes. Cheap. It's a lousy lens.

LNIB Samyang 500mm F8 "T" mount mirror lens with Pentax K mount and a LN M43 mount. The lens box is a little banged up but the rest is very nice. Lens carry strap is still in its little poly bag and the two accessory ND filters are in theirs.

I bought this lens locally on CraigsList then dropped another $30 into an adapter. What I found is that the lens is very soft. Fun to play around with but not for serious photos. I also discovered that 1000mm equivalent focal length almost requires a tripod, at least on a Panny body. An Olympus body might do better.

I don't think the softness is a mechanical issue with my camera, though I might be wrong. Just looking at the lens it seems to be perfect, no clouding, fungus, scratches, etc. No rattles. It just isn't sharp.

So ... for $45 + shipping you can play around with a 500mm lens. Just don't come back to me and complain that it's not a very good one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    LOL...Well thats one way to try and sell a lens :)

3. oldracer

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Cheap new toy! The adapters are worth the asking price.

4. oldracer

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    bump! C'mon guys, someone needs new toys for cheap. I know it. Best offers?

5. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    I think it would be easier to sell if it was made by Bower or Rokinon. :p GLWS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.