1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

50% off F-stop Millar series bags

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by demiro, Apr 16, 2014.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/millar.html

Enter coupon code "millar50". I think this runs through 4/18.

Never used an F-stop bag, but they seem pretty solid from what I've read. Nice deal if you need a bag, or are simply a bagaholic. :biggrin:

I think I'm going for a tan Shibata.

• Like Like x 7
  2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    I was looking hard at the Shibata too, unfortunately their shipping to Canada (combined with the current exchange rate) kinda killed it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Wow. I've been eyeing the Bandon for a while. Now I'm eyeing the Bandon, the Shibata, the Brooklyn... haha.

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Went for the Shibata, in silver sage. Hopefully it'll fit the EM1, 12-40, 75, 25 combo.

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Look like nice bags.

6. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    I've wanted the Bandon in blue for a while but it seems it's impossible to find even through their website. Really too bad since 50% off would be great

7. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Yeah. The Bandon definitely looks nice in blue. That's the very setup that made me interested in the F-Stop Millar series in the first place.

After looking more closely at the Brooklyn Sling, I've come to the conclusion that the Incase DSLR Sling pack (which I've been eyeing for some time) just seems to have better features. Wonder which one has nicer zippers—I think that the way zippers pull around corners can make or break a sling bag like that.

Anyway, I have an Olive Bandon in my cart, and I was trying to decide if I should also grab a Shibata while I'm at it. It's like two-for-the-price-of-one right now. I see the Bandon as more of an everyday bag or travel bag, and the Shibata as more of a lightweight shooting bag for short outings.

8. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    Yeah, it's a great deal, especially if you've already been thinking about buying one. I might go for the Bandon in Silver Sage but I'm not convinced I'll be happy with that color.

9. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Thanks! I bought the Shibata in olive. Looks like the perfect size. Most bags that will fit an iPad are either too big or boring black/gray.

10. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Yeah, I'm with you. It's really hard for me to tell what the Silver Sage would look like in person. I'm sure it would look nice, though.

11. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    Any thoughts on the Brooklyn sling? I am not sure how safe it would be.. Can you put the sling over your head so that the back is diagonal on your back?

12. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    I have the Bandon in my cart and am considering adding the Springfield. Not sure how well the "sling" would work and I cannot find any reviews on the Springfield. Anyone ever see the Springfield in person?

13. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I really like my Bandon. And the silver sage looks pretty much like it looks on the website.

14. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    I want to know the size comparison of the Bandon & Shibata to other camera bags. My current daily use is a Timbuk2 XS Snoop.

15. macfish

macfish Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Columbus OH USA
    Silver Sage is tough to represent color-wise. On the site it is a light khaki kind of color, but in person it is definitely more of a light sage green fabric. The trim and strap are a bit more tan.
    I ordered the Shibata just prior to the sale, but emailed them and they refunded the difference! Great company.
    The Shibata is a nice small bag. I can confirm it will hold an iPad in the front zippered compartment, but doing so may limit what else you could put in there. The main compartment would hold a body with lens and at least 2 other lenses. Depends on what lenses you have of course. I'm currently all-in with Fuji, so the Shibata holds the XT-1 with 18-55 attached, the 60mm stacked with the 27mm, and 50-230. If not carrying an ipad, the front compartment will easily hold batteries, cards, etc. The main flap could then hold filters and other small stuff. The side pockets are a bit tight, but you could fit a charger and batt's, cell phone, stuff up to about an inch or so thick.
    Only issue I have is that the shoulder pad does not have any rubber nibs/anti-slip material, so it's a bit more prone to slipping. Am looking for an after-market solution I can add.

I was tempted by the Bandon, but I hate zippered main compartments.

The only basis for comparison I still have is the TT City Walker 10. The Shibata is definitely smaller, and without quite as many compartments. But I intend to use it as my daily carry. When I need to carry a second body and ipad, I'll use the TT. With these two, I'm very happy. In fact time to preen the herd and end my BAS.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The Brandon is a good bit shallower than most DSLR bags, and will very smugly hold a 13 inch MacBook Air in the front pocket. Perfect depth for a mirrorless system as far as I'm concerned.

I just wish they made one in black.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    between the Bandon and the Tenba small,whats the size difference?
    I have a Tenba Messenger Small,but its not really a small bag lol, its nice with a lot of pockets,and you can really fit a lot of stuff. But I find it better for traveling and not for regular daily use.

18. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    The "Bandon" is named after the tiny town where I live. I find that rather ironic.

19. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I don't have the Tenba, but purely looking at the specs and pictures, the Tenba is a bit heavier (not much), 2 inches wider and a full inch deeper when not filled out, and twice as deep when it is. It undoubtedly can carry a whole lot more and has many more little pockets and zips and buckles, etc. etc. The Bandon is a more minimalist affair, which works great for me. I do often add a few more dividers to optimize fit for my kit. I posted a few shots of it filled to the brim and a little less than that with my E-M1 and A7r combo, might give you some impression of the size:

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=60286&p=599782#post599782

To be honest, anything bigger than this and I would be tempted to over-fill it. As it is, this gets heavy if stuffed as full as it will go. I prefer keeping half of it for random 'stuff' and just taking two cameras, 3-4 lenses total. More than heavy enough like that. If I'm carrying more gear, I'd rather pack a backpack. Much more pleasant weight distribution for long hauls. This is a great all-day city trip/general use bag for me.

EDIT: it's a touch larger (though not quite as deep, max depth) as the Tenba Mini-Messenger if specs are to be believed. I'm quite liking the look of Tenba's DNA bags, though….damn bag addiction...

• Like Like x 1
  20. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for the link to the pictures. Is there a divider between the two camera bodies? Otherwise, I don't see how you can keep the bodies from banging against each other.