[5] Vestrahorn - Iceland

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
This was one of my favorite spots…it met all my expectations… I had great and scary time there.

We got there in mid afternoon and scout around for best spot to shoot at sunset…after I took this shot, I moved down to the beach and one of my friends follows…since I was down there already and the rock was kind of slippery and high, he asked me to help hold his tripod and camera…I told him let me put my camera down first, I put my camera on to of a rock about a foot high then when and grab my friend’s tripod a few feet away from my camera, at the corner of my eye I can see a big wave coming and try desperately to save my camera but it was too late. The wave knocks it off the rock and soak it for a few seconds. After a few instant of panic, what the heck why worry I have Olympus gears, furthermore it’s the #EM1X … I asked my friend for his water bottle and just rince the salt water off it and blow dry it with my air blower and keep on shooting...after my misfortune with the wave I kept shooting for while, I went back to the van to change and reheat myself because it was not confortable walking around with wet feet under -6ºC (21ºF).

[1] Before the incident

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[2] Wider view

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

I was sitting in the back of the van that doesn’t have any window, while my two friends are chitchatting in the front…I look up through the opening between the back cabin and the front seat and saw an orange glow and asked Jenny to open the side door for me (note to the rental company: Bad idea not to be able to open from the inside from the side sliding door) Once outside, I saw a sky that is ready to “explode” in colors…Grab my camera and tripod and just run toward the beach…then I remembered how perilous that descent was…I have to go around with will take longer…with my luck that day, I decided that I will just stuck at and around the dunes and still run like crazy to look for good composition.

[3]

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[4]

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[5] From a different angle

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[6]

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[7] Panorama

Vestrahorn by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[8] The opposite side of the mountain

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[9] A few days later we came back trying to catch the Northern Light ... but the sunset wasn't as great as last time...but I was able to catch the reflection of the mountain

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[10] Later that night, testing out the Starry Night Auto Focus, which works great.

Vestrahorn
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
All of them are beside the Panorama and all the shot from the dunes are Hand Held High Res on the E-M1 Mark iii

#4 is a 100% crop from one of them.
Wow. Maybe one of these days I'll switch from Panasonic to Olympus... That EM1mkIII surely looks nice.

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Nam-in-Sonoma

Nam... other worldly!

~ absolutely wonderful photos.

Now I am regretting more than ever having to cancel this summer's trip to Iceland!
Your photos are, however, are putting Iceland much higher on our bucket list!

Thanks, once again for sharing your story with us!
Dan
After this trip, we all cannot wait to go back one day in different season to see this Wonderfull country.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom