4k video test from GH4

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Sidestreaker, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Sidestreaker

Sidestreaker Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2015

Hi there, I'm uploading my first 4k video after playing with the GH4 for a while...

A quick test using the GH4 Cinema 4k aspect ratio. I was using the 15mm f/1.7 PanyLeica , opening at approximately f2.0, without any filters. The late afternoon sun is about 45 degrees on my right. This video upload is direct from the camera without any post processing.

I was testing out the touch screen AFS focus, though i should use the manual focus function with AF tap, which may get a less back and forth as shown here. It shows that the gradual focus speed on video is rather satisfactory, not too distracting.

I was using the camera mic with factory setting and could actually pick up some rustling leaves and wind sound, though I was shielded behind a fence from the direct wind. I hope this upload can pick up the ambient sound well. I'll be looking for an external mic soon...

2. Sidestreaker

Sidestreaker Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    So, my tests continues with more footage and scene edit with Adobe Premier. I'm still in the learning curve and many things are still trial and error for me to get a combination of right settings and editing preferences.

Here is my first 4k down-sampled to 1080 HD, using Adobe Premiere. Captured using GH4 and Cinema D Picture profile, I've attached it with the 15mm PanaLeica, stabalized with just a Gorilla Pod, for a quick, run and gun shooting. This location is called The Mushrif Central Park in the city of Abu Dhabi.