1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

4K still from Gx8 video - I like it....

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by D7k1, Apr 11, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    I posted this in my Exploring Gx8 thread, but this is the reason 4K video was so important to me. Your out on a shoot, and your filming that once in a lifetime event and just don't have time to grab the camera hanging on your side for stills leaving the video camera to do its "thing". But then you remember, Photoshop with the "import video to layers" and bingo you have an 8 meg. image for publication. 4K video is insurance that you get something usable if you are required to shoot both stills and video and can't jump from one mode/camera to the other.
    [​IMG]

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Can't you also just hit the shutter button in the middle of shooting video and have it save that frame? I do it with the GX7, but the shots are only 2MP. I would love to be able to get 8MP frames because those are good for even larger prints. My 2MP 1080p frames are pretty much relegated to 4x6 prints and facebook. (Still useful though!).

3. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    yes you can, but it will take your concentration away from the video. When your shooting a video at 600mm you have so many things that can go wrong I have to really stay "focused".