4k on the E-M1 - leaked photo

Livnius

Super Moderator
Real Name
Joe
I'm still a little skeptical about this EM1 4K firmware update rumor, but if true it would be absolutely brilliant. Not that I'll be shootin in 4K, I'd be thrilled to have really good quality 1080.

The big thing as far as I'm concerned is having full manual control whilst shooting video...basically, if this firmware were to bring the EM1 video up to atleast GX7 video quality I'll be thrilled. Really good 1080 with manual control is all I need.

Got my fingers crossed.

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Is there some rule somewhere that even photography sites or photographers have to use a blurrycam to take photos of impending products etc?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
Is there some rule somewhere that even photography sites or photographers have to use a blurrycam to take photos of impending products etc?
Better contact them about this one Ray. Egregious behavior like this can't be ignored!

m43man

Mu-43 Veteran
As owner of EM1, this would help me save lots of money by eliminating the need to have GH4 for video!

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

Maybe. But when hurriedly taking it with a phone without being noticed, rules get broken.
http://i.imgur.com/jpUlqAB.jpg

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
Can't wait till next week to find out what the upgrade will actually give us. Fingers crossed x x.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Maybe. But when hurriedly taking it with a phone without being noticed, rules get broken.
So, after years of mobile phone development, not one manufacturer has been able to produce a mobile phone camera that produces a photo any better than my T95 that produces a 480x640 VGA image (menu on E-P1 taken with T95):

Are you sure that it's not a crop of the camera taken from a selfie?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
So, after years of mobile phone development, not one manufacturer has been able to produce a mobile phone camera that produces a photo any better than my T95 that produces a 480x640 VGA image (menu on E-P1 taken with T95):

Are you sure that it's not a crop of the camera taken from a selfie?
At least yours look similar. Typical of having the phone too close & trying to sneak that photo without being caught.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
At least yours look similar. Typical of having the phone too close & trying to sneak that photo without being caught.
That was the best focus I could get, moving it away didn't help, nor did moving it closer. But then I don't have a wiz bang mobile phone, it's purely for making phone calls. :)

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I hope this 4k update rumour is true. I've never believed the "know-it-all-experts" telling (more like preaching) that it's impossible to add such thing via a firmware update. :biggrin: If the E-M1 got 4k then it would be 100% sure E-M5mk2 will have it too.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom