1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

$499 Panasonic GX1 with 14-42mm power zoom lense

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by xxjorelxx, Dec 18, 2012.

1. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
  2. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Jeez! The GX1 has simply plummeted in value! Basically $250-275 after you sell the PZ.

Thanks! I might consider at this price....

3. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    yeah, i remember buying mine with a basic 14-42mm kit lense for over $100 more :crying:

Still a good camera though...

4. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks for posting this, I also just received a friendly email pointing out this deal. While I favor the black body over the silver (for drawing less attention) I'd take a silver one.

I never wanted the power zoom lens, but I could sell it [depending on how much it would bring) or keep it as a possible/later P&S replacement camera for my wife's old Canon G9?

I wonder how much more the price can/will drop on the GX1?

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Secondhand they go for <$300. I don't think they'll drop much from there. Too many 12MP m4/3 Pens and GF bodies still out there.

6. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    The GX1 bodies go for $300 second hand?

Or did you mean the 14-42 lens?

Thanks

7. Whyzor

Whyzor Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 11, 2012
    Too many m4/3 12 MP bodies means prices will drop more, simple economics supply, demand & price interactions. Even though GX1 is a 16 MP body, the performance on par with the 12 MP bodies (dxomark.com), which means they compete in the same league.

8. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Yep, it's always tempting to wait longer and get something even less expensive.

9. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    The GX1 is a terrific camera. It was one of my favorite m43 bodies ever.

10. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    With my limited and short experience with three m4/3 bodies it's my all around favorite for sure, though I need to try an Olympus someday if I stay with m4/3 long term [hope so]. You've been using m4/3 much longer than I, so your endorsement means something.

11. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Looks like even with the silver GX1 kit the PZ lens is still black if I can trust the pictures? I hope so, in case I decide to keep the lens...ordering soon.

12. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    In my case, ordering from Amazon, the lens is black (with gray accents). Interestingly, the lens came attached to the camera body with the lens and body caps in a plastic bag. I prefer black, but this silver should be okay, even better once a put a big black lens on it. :biggrin:

13. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Price is back up

I assume the prices will come down again in the future...but glad I purchased a silver GX1 with 14-42 PZ kit when they were a mere $500, back up hundreds more now at B&H and Amazon.

Bought it for the second GX1 body with the lens as a bonus. Thought I'd sell the PZ lens immediately, however, I think I'll keep the lens.