48 Hour Post Processing Challenge #613 - closed

I opened the raw file in Adobe Camera raw, used the panasonic scenery color balance and then adjusted the verticals. I cloned out the crane and the floating barricade. I then used
Topaz Denoise AI and Adobe smart sharpen on a lower setting. I then opened the shadows a bit more.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Starting with the previous file I used the Nik color efex exract detail filter to open up the shadows a bit more.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Sue
All of the PP edits were really good. You didn't make it easy. One thing I did notice though on a few edits were the slightly excessive pink or green tones. Maybe it is my screen that needs a new calibration.

And the winner is
#1 @WhidbeyLVR - nice balance, extra points for removing the crane
#2 @BosseBe - B&W - a little dark (may be my screen) but you nailed the crop with the railings in the bottom left corner
#3 @Rob Rider - great edit and crop, just bordering into the pink zone

Honourable mention to @BosseBe for noticing the canoeist practising his art under the bridge.

Congratulation - over to the @WhidbeyLVR

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
@Brodhall Thanks for the perfect place!
My PP of pictures tend to be a little dark and B&W even more so as I like a contrasty picture.

But that said it is always good to have a calibrated monitor, then it is more likely that you see what others see on their calibrated monitors.
Sometimes you see weird colours on the forum, that might be from an uncalibrated monitor.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
@Brodhall Thanks for the perfect place!
My PP of pictures tend to be a little dark and B&W even more so as I like a contrasty picture.

But that said it is always good to have a calibrated monitor, then it is more likely that you see what others see on their calibrated monitors.
Sometimes you see weird colours on the forum, that might be from an uncalibrated monitor.
My colour entry has green-ish water. At least it does on my monitor. I use a Spyder calibration device.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
My colour entry has green-ish water. At least it does on my monitor. I use a Spyder calibration device.
Your colour entry has greenish water on my screen also, I am calibrating with a Spyder 5 Express.
I think many who participate in this PPC has calibrated monitors, there are different colour casts some time, but that seems to be an artistic choice rather than a un-calibrated monitor.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom