48 Hour Post Processing Challenge #611 - Closed - results pending - Winners announced!

Fred S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Fred S
Attempt # 1

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E Hartu

Mu-43 Rookie
Entry 1

chap

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Chap Lovejoy
Lightroom for iPad

Lightroom - move the sliders and hope for the best :-D

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LilSebastian #1 - creative unexpected crop bringing great emphasis to the wood with plenty of context remaining in the background
LilSebastian #2 - just overall well pleasing processing on all marks

betamax #1 - well balanced and impressive detail out of the wood
betamax #1 - at first overwhelmed by detail then it settled in nicely

mack - bold saturation punch!

rpatodia#1 - balanced and nice
rpatodia#2 - nice too

BosseBe - both entries nice. color my pick from the two

Zeus1#1- interesting filtered look. crop and framing works well
Zeus1#2 - like the crop and framing but the blur a bit distracting

RichardC - appreciate the unique crop with #1. #2 dialed in nicely with unique color tweaks. not sure about the frame though, tbh :)

relic #1 - nice natural looking take
relic #2 - balanced bw for contrast and detail

WhidbeyLVR #1 - overall nice and impressive with each aspect of the treatment
WhidbeyLVR #2 - appropriately Sedonafied :)

jmkubler - welcome! nice crop and processing overall with both versions. the detail in the trees a bit strong for me.

Fred S - nice saturated look but the sky has a washed look that distracts a bit for me

Robert Davidson - something appealing about the way the natural colors and details come across that makes me feel like this is how I saw it. I am such a sharpening freak a lot of the time and it seems you're doing something different than what I normally do with sharpening here (or maybe just less of it, I don't know) that I find refreshing... Don't know how to technically describe it..

E Hartu - interesting crop, as with LilSebastian#1, not one I would have thought of and is refreshing as such.

chap - welcome! tasteful bw treatment and with the ipad! has a kind of 'fine art' impact

Brodhall - welcome! unique crop with balanced/tasteful slidings

Not easy since many could be winners and I get tempted to change my mind with each pass through the entries, so just tried to weigh heavily based on strength of initial impact...

3rd Place = @chap
2nd Place = @LilSebastian
Winner = @Robert Davidson

Thanks Todd, unexpected win for me with so many great entries! (I did no sharpening at all).
I will have to hand over the job of running the next comp to the runner-up LilSebastian though as I don't have access to all my photos. I have just put my desktop in for repair this morning after Lightning damaged the ethernet connection and am now using my laptop. Thanks!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom