48 Hour Post-Processing Challenge #579 (closed, results posted)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Monika
PPC579 copy 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful photo and location.​

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Lyle has left little to no room for improvements in this picture. Got rid of an optical illusion, but other than that, processed in LR and Photoshop. Shifted colours with a LUT.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you to everyone who participated. I appreciate the efforts you all contributed, and every entry was beautiful! As usual, my decision eventually came down to what caught my eye as most engaging on the positive side and least distracting on the negative side.

Most of those distractions were where I felt the color was too vivid or with casts, where details were over-sharpened, the contrast too weak/strong, or the cropping was slightly odd.

In the case of @frankmulder 's inverted reflection, it didn't work for me because my original reflection was too flawed. I waited for over 20 minutes in 2 locations for the water to become still and create that perfect reflection, but my patience (and my companions) finally gave up. Beautiful sky! Thanks, Frank, for removing those few stray clouds -- I think that worked nicely.

I wondered of someone would replace the sky. Thanks, @MonikaO ! The sky is very nice, but it gave the top of the image a green-cyan cast that looked out of place.

Thanks to @RichardC for correcting the anomaly (or optical illusion). There is a saying that one may fail to "see the forest for the trees". In this case, it was a tree pretending to be a forest. There is a tree near the center with a broken top which resembles a small stand of trees on the mountainside. Good catch!

So what caught my eye with least distraction?

Winner: @Zeus1 for his B&W entry. I generally prefer color images, but I really liked your dramatic "yellow filter" monochrome conversion.

1st Runner-up: @Dinobe . Very nice, natural rendering. I think Frank Mulder really nailed the sky color best, but yours was a close second and everything else was good.

2nd Runner-up: @RichardC for both entries. You were out of the sweet second spot by a whisker, but third is safer, I think.

To everyone else: it was really, really hard to decide (my own damned fault, I think). The entries were great. On another day, I might have chosen differently for the 2nd and 3rd spots. But that's it for today. Let's see what Zeus1 brings us.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom