48 Hour Post Processing Challenge #568 - CLOSED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

rpatodia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh
used Nik Silver Efex on above
P3190682_Nik_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
I was surprised to see a significant amount of purple fringing in the skylight framing. It took a lot of extra correction in DxO to mitigate, and still left fuzzy edges. Is this typical for the m.Zuiko 7-14 in high-contrast situations? Is it corrected automatically in LR or Olympus Workspace?

You get some CA in high frequency areas with this lans, and it's worse with my 17mm f1.2.

In Lightroom however, the built in profile gets rid of most of it, and the rest is a minor adjustment, usually just moving the top slider by 4 or 5 on the scale.

Screenshots at 400% of the RAW file

First is with the built in profile (no input from me), second is with some manual correction and the third is the setting.

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 10.15.30.png

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 10.17.33.png

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 10.17.59.png

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
P3190682b.jpg

... remember to zoom in a bit next time. Makes my life a lot easier!

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
The bends in the roofline are a nice feature aren't they? They built it like that. The angles flatten out in the lower sections and some of the individual frames aren't quite in line :)

All things considered, straightening, colours, noise, CA correction etc. My top three as follows:

1 - @Zeus1
2 - @todd phillips
3 - @Robert Davidson

Zeus1 wins and gets to set the next challenge.

I had a slight tilt and a slight rotation to my camera when I took this. The lens profile in Lightroom/ACR takes care of most bendiness automatically. When I straightened this picture up, I concentrated on the pillars and made just two corrections in Photoshop: angle -0.69, vertical perspective+17. I'm sure you could take it further if it was for a book cover.

museum.jpg

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Another shot of the roof taken to the right on the balcony/walkway. On this section, the roof pyramid is aligned with the girders, which are set at yet another angle. The supporting struts in the centre of each girder are angled in the opposite direction so they're parallel with the walls.

museum2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom