48 hour post processing challenge #554 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Thanks as usual to everyone who entered.

I binned this picture from my hard drive - but came across it when sorting out some old memory cards. I'm still trying to figure out what I focused on.

If picking winners on flare correction alone, then @WhidbeyLVR and @GregRed would be 1st and 2nd place, in my opinion. Clever stuff.

However, other approaches to salvage this wreck also caught my eye.

1st place - @frankmulder - went straight in and did exactly the opposite of what I was expecting!

2nd place - @BosseBe - I'm still seeing flare but the colours/contrast look super on my monitor

3rd place - @mnhoj - I like the sky replacement and the colours overall

Well done @frankmulder - your turn to set the challenge.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
@RichardC Thanks for the perfect spot, second place! I will not have to come up with new one and it placed in the tops!
I would have cropped to loose the flare totally if it wasn't for that Purple thingy! I wanted to keep it in the picture.
BTW, do you know what that purple thing is?

GregRed

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Greg
"Your lens flare needs to be... corrected, Mr. Torrance."

a10fbf1297f4a8eeac804fcf97922da6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
@RichardC Thanks for the perfect spot, second place! I will not have to come up with new one and it placed in the tops!
I would have cropped to loose the flare totally if it wasn't for that Purple thingy! I wanted to keep it in the picture.
BTW, do you know what that purple thing is?

Purple thingy = foil balloon.

It's a British tradition passed down over many generations. As a reward for being environmentally responsible and recycling milk bottle tops for a whole year, we give our children nuclear proof balloons for their birthday which are then released to help brighten up our coastline.

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
1st place - @frankmulder - went straight in and did exactly the opposite of what I was expecting!

Well done @frankmulder - your turn to set the challenge.
Oh wow, did not expect that! This is the first time I won the challenge; thanks! ?

Yes, I considered getting rid of the flare, but I took some more time to think about it and decided to exaggerate it. Great that you liked it!

Give me some time before I select a picture for the next challenge. I will post a new one as soon as I can. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom