1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

46mm Panasonic Lens Caps

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RonSmith, May 13, 2010.

1. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Nobody really likes the lens cap that comes with the Panasonic 20/1.7. When I recently got the 45/2.8 Macro Elmarit, I was pleased to see that the cap is of a different design, similar to the Nikon caps with the center pinch and is much better than the cap for the 20.

The specific part number is VYF3284. Price is $11.44 US. You can order directly from Panasonic at Parts Ordering

The 20 cap is on the left and the 45 cap is on the right.
    20100512016a.

20100512018a.

20100512017a.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Thanks, Ron -

I have actually been switching the lens caps when I only take one out with me, because the center-pinch one is so much nicer. I just ordered one.

As an aside, I ordered a generic 49mm center grip lens cap a few weeks ago from eBay, to use on legacy lenses. It was very badly built (unlike the Lumix) so the plastic actually touches the lens or filter glass. :(

Do you know if Panasonic makes other sizes too?

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    does anyone know where to get the rear caps from - I need a few to put on my MF lenses once they have the adapter fitted

Cheers

4. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    You can also get the rear caps from Panasonic.

They make a 52mm cap too. I bought an extra one to use on my Heavystar hood.

• Like Like x 3
  5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Thanks - just ordered a few

6. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

I ordered some too, and appreciate the tip about leaving caps on the adapters. I've already got so much finicking little stuff I'm forever losing it. This will help.

7. ctawn

ctawn New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2010
    I have a DMC-GF1 and it came with a cap like the one on the right. I'm afraid of losing it and wish there were one with an cord that could be attached to the camera body. Any suggestions?

8. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    hrm, i'm not finding that part number. I think panasonic started switching to that.. sigma did the same. Before, I bought tamron center pinch caps for all my lenses, heh.

9. ctawn

ctawn New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2010
    Well... the Lumix Vario 14-45mm lens has a filter diameter of 52mm so I took the plunge and bought center-pinch lens cap with the leash on ebay for a few bucks. Hope it works!

edit: FWIW, this is what I bought, and it worked just fine with the 14-45mm DMC-GF1 lens:

"52 mm front lens cap for Nikon Canon Sony w/ leash"

at this ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/qualshot

It cost like $7 including shipping, a little more than some others, but the leash was thin enough that I was confident it would go through the strap loop along with the included camera strap, and it did.

It's a bit tricky to put on. You have to attach the leash to the camera body first (using the end with the clamp), then take the lens off the camera body, then attach the other end of the leash to the lens cap by feeding the whole camera body through the loop. sorta a brain teaser.

10. Miles

Miles Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    Luxembourg
    Thank I'll by one of these also for my 20mm
    But I'd like also to find one that you can attach somehow to the lens so you don't loose it, or sometime you just do not have a lot of time to take "the" moment and I'd like to be able to just forget the cap :smile:

Miles

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Actually for some reason when I bought my GF1 as a kit with the 20mm it didn't come with a front cap for the 20mm. Is this normal?

12. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Sorry about the bump, but I was just about to buy the center-pinch design, but I can't seem to find it on their parts ordering site. I tried the VYF3284 code, but it didn't show up.

13. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Anyone? I am still looking to purchase a center-pinch lens cap... can't seem to find one anywhere.

14. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Ordered one. Thanks for the find

15. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    nice, it shows up on the site again.

16. pemex

pemex New to Mu-43