1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

40mm Hexanon 1.8 Video GH2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Psynema, May 30, 2011.

1. Psynema

Psynema Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Gary Hanna
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4cL_U_vaDs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4cL_U_vaDs[/ame]

Charity vid I did on a GH2 with 40mm 1.8 Hexanon. Too soft/glowy at 1.8 - not sure how anyone can say this is a very sharp lens wide open, so had to force it to 2.8 most of the night, though a few 1.8 shots snuck in. a 55-28mm step down ring helps, but I didn't have it this night.

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Looks like some nice rail work and fluid head panning though....

You have captured the essence of the event perfectly.. I felt like I was there and in the lives of those happy people, if but for a moment. Given that you chose to work with a fixed focal length I wonder how the project would have turned out had it been done on a Contax G 45/2 or a PanyLeica 45/2.8....... The slightly removed space between the lens and the action seems to have worked well here.. we are intimate with the scene, yet you are discreet at the same time.. the participants aren't concerned that they are being filmed.... very nice!

I think your GH2 has brought out the best in the 40/1.8... the silky autofocus shifts being a good example of a successful adaptation. I got rid of most of my KH"s out of frustration... even my 58/1.2 has mechanical problems and sits on a shelf, waiting for a major expensive overhaul.

Bokeh D

3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Nice work; I love seeing what the GH2 can do. What did you use to process the video?

4. Psynema

Psynema Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Gary Hanna
    Final Cut Pro. All I want is Olympus to release a manual video 1080 24p DSLR so I can get their sensor based IS.

Curious to see what the Pen's IS and the Nokton 25mm can do photo wise too.