40 years and still perfect

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nickthetasmaniac, Oct 21, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    After a break of 17 years I've finally had a change to re-visit the Sydney Opera House. As a recently graduated architecture student it's easy to become jaded towards buildings that are held up on a pedestal, and few have been held up to the extend of the Opera House, but bugger me if the thing isn't nigh on perfect.

40 years old (more like 65 if you consider the actual design) and still one of the most remarkably relevant buildings in the world.

Please check out the full photo-essay here: http://peopleandotherstrangecreatures.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/happy-40th/

10398127595_57316ca61f_o.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Yes, last month I visited the Lotus Temple in Delhi. And all I could think was that it looked like the Sydney Opera House.

lotus_1_of_1_1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matt917k

Matt917k Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Matt
    Beautiful photo's mate, I'm fortunate enough to live in Sydney and the Opera is one of those rare things you see all the time that is hard to take for granted. Thanks for sharing!

4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    At first glance heaven knows what it is, but I love it to bits, the shot that is.

Attached Files:

5. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
  6. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Unfortunately I've seen other buildings where 'art' should have never been allowed to win - Peter Eisenman's still unfinished Cidade da Cultura de Galicia in Spain being a painful example.