40"x30" prints

Discussion in 'Printing' started by alex66, Jul 16, 2014.

1. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Today 3 40"x30" prints were delivered 2 of which were uncropped and the other was severely cropped, to the point of being about 10mp. Well I must say they are as I thought superb, I have stuck my nose up close no pixilation, there is a lot of detail and the tonality etc holds up perfectly. This is pretty fantastic that with such a tiny camera (EPM2) I can get print sizes that I would only have considered using something like 67 off 120 or pref 5x4 sheet film.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I've often said that modern cameras will produce prints that the average person couldn't comprehend and of better quality than 35mm film (Kodachrome excepted), at the very least. Screen viewing is absolutely no representation of how the images will look in print.

3. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I guess part of success was the technique that print shop has used to properly enlarge original files.

4. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I sent them out pre sized, I always do as I can control things like sharpening and it gives a better result.

5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    What did you use to enlarge? Any special software?

6. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    No I just use Photoshops re size tool going up in small steps, though I have been told I could now do it in one hit just become a habit. I do use Niks sharpening tool though it is superb.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Wow, way more intuitive than the old Q-Image...

Oooh... this does gallery wraps too ! Buying...