1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

40-150R is $150 bundled with OM-D kit in B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zettapixel, Apr 20, 2012.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    In the B&H pages OM-D + kit lens there is a link "Click Here To Save $150 on Select OLYMPUS Lenses" which leads to the offer of 40-150 for $150. Of course since they don't have anough OM-Ds yet I'm not sure when they would ship it, probably at the same time. The offer seems to be there for all OMD+lens kits.
    There was a thread recently about J&R offering it for the same price through Amazon...

2. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins Mu-43 Veteran

What is the meaning of the "R" designation?

3. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Probably means "Refurbished" but I'm not positive

4. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    It's the new "optimized for video" lenses I thought (don't know why it's an "R" though, since they use MSC I think as the designation). When the E-P3 got the fast auto focus treatment, the R lenses were the ones that were "optimized" for it, where you don't hear the AF motors too I think, in video.

At least that's what I think it is, I could be wrong.

5. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
  6. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    I went for the silver OM-D with 12-50 and 40-150 from B&H- the status on the lenses is "New order processing", the body is "Backordered" and has been that way for weeks.

I think the $150 40-150 was originally offered by Olympus directly and B&H matched it.

7. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins Mu-43 Veteran

I was going to get the 12-50, but I may get the updated 14-42 and the 40-150 instead, for less money.

8. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    R just means it has a prettier exteriors. The older 40-150 non R has the same MSC, and supposedly runs the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.