40-150 Pro + E-M1 - firmwar eupdate required? Or...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Zee, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'm about to pull the trigger ont he 40-150 F2.8 pro +TC. Now this won't affect my purchase, but I am curious...

I have the original firmware that came with my E-M1 from about 18 months ago. Basically, I like ho wit's set up, and honestly can't be bothered noting down everything, that putting it all back for a bunch of features I don't need.

I will be upgrading to the V4 version of the E-M1 firmware, as it looks to have useful stuff for me - but I digress... Does the E-M1 *NEED* a firmware update to use the 40-150 pro properly? I seem to remember seeing something about this somewhere, but for the life of me can't find anything about it.

As I said, doesn't matter either way, though I'll at leas tknow not to worry about problems until I update to 4.0 if it is the cas ethat I need a firmware update.

Thanks,

Z...

2. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    E-M1 Version 2.0 updates to version 2.1
    Precision of AF when M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens is mounted has been improved.
       Note: When updating the firmware from Version 1.0/1.1/1.3/1.4 to Version 2.1, the camera settings other than the AF focus adjustments are reset.
       When updating the firmware from 2.0, the camera settings are maintained.

3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you can't wait for the FW4.0 in a few weeks then at least you'll get practice updating it to 3.1 in the mean time. :biggrin:

4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Thank you good Sir.

Nah, I'll hold out. I really have better things to do with my time then sit there working through crappy firmware "features" (ie. losing custom settings). I'll deal with whatever small AF errors I get until 4.0.

Z...

• Like Like x 1
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I recommend recording your settings in the spreadsheet linked from biofos.com

Barry