1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

40-150 M. Zuiko for $149 !

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by robertro, Jul 25, 2011.

1. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  3. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    wow. I might have to pull the trigger on this. Would it be Ok for wildlife pics? coming from a 10x p&s does this get me in same range?

wonder if ebates gets cashback too.

oh decisions, decisions.....

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Look at the link I posted above. Ebates gives 2.5%.

• Like Like x 1
  5. aw614

aw614 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2011
    I guess i just pulled the trigger on it heh, 5% cash back from discover i guess...damn and I was tempted to make an offer on another lens on the member buy sell trade section

6. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Yeah I saw this and didn't believe it for a second. Then I jumped the gun too ;)

I think this probably has to do with the newer version with the faster auto-focus system version ("M" right?) that just came out/is coming out. Which is great if you plan on using a E-P2 still like me and not going E-P3 or other Olympus version.

I've been using an old MF 24mm-80mm Pentax K mount lens with x2 tele-converter (hello chromatic aberrations!), this will be nice. Good price, for something that I only use occasionally

7. rauburg

rauburg New to Mu-43

Jul 2, 2011
    I am a newbie and just beginning in photography. I got a G2 with the 14-42 lens last month. I try to take a few shots every day to build my skills.

I had planned to buy a Panasonic 20mm lens and then a longer range lens later on, mabye a 45-200. But with this deal I am considering the Oly lens.

I am almost embarassed to ask this question but I am such a rookie. Is the Lens on QVC a micro 4:3 lens and can I use it on the G2 without an adapter? I realize that it won't have stabilizition.

I think that I could learn a lot with this lens and that I could even meet my needs. I guess that I could always sell the Oly later on for little to no loss if I decide that I need something else.

My shooting will tend to be outdoors, hiking and at airports.

Randy

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the one on QVC is indeed the m4/3 version of the 40-150. You need no special adapter to use it on any of the micro 4/3 cameras regardless of manufacturer.

Your observations on the whole concept are spot on the money. You could sell this for little or no loss if for some reason you don't love it. But it tests well and the images I've seen shot with it look great. You'll have a good many focal lengths covered now and if you decide you like to shoot long, you can start saving up for the Panasonic 100-300!

9. rauburg

rauburg New to Mu-43

Jul 2, 2011
    Thank you for the reassurance . . . $149 plus shipping's worth :smile:

Aw crap, I just tried to order and it is out of stock. I went ahead and put it on the wait list. I hope that they get some more in.

Randy

10. Ian

Ian New to Mu-43

Jun 28, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Put myself on the waitlist too..

11. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I just got mine. I was going back and forth about ordering it, then did- JUST before it sold out.

MUCH nicer replacement for my old MF 28-80 zoom K-mount with x2 teleconverter.