40-150 2.8 pro Zuiko @ Outlet

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by thenextpage, Jun 19, 2015.

1. thenextpage

thenextpage Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2014
    Just this morning I saw the Zuiko 40-150 2.8 pro at the Olympus outlet. I picked one up @ $1199. The 12-40 2.8 is also back on the list @$639

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. esnift

esnift Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dan
    Do I get it, do I not, do I get it, do I not :dash2:

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I have generally found the answer after asking two questions. First, do you pay sales tax? In your case the answer is not, so you get an almost 10% savings on that purchase over me being your neighbor to the north. Second, do you want a warranty beyond the 90 days? If not, and the answer to the first question is no, then it is a pretty good deal. If you add an extended Olympus warranty to your purchase (and if the answer to the first question is yes and you have a high sales tax rate), then it may make sense to buy online from a place like B&H because the difference becomes much smaller.

Good luck,

--Ken

• Like Like x 1
  4. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    The extended warranty isn't that much...

5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    $80 when not on sale. If you live in a high sales tax state, the two eat up your savings quite quickly.

--Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.