1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

40-150/2.8 notes about unnoticed details

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by davdenic, Apr 25, 2015.

1. davdenic

davdenic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    David D.
    Hi all I have this great lens since 3 days and I have some notes.

box: it's really big, maybe nobody cares about boxes but I care, I keep maniacally my boxes and this is oddly bigger then the lens. there is a lot of empty space inside, it seems oly want to give more importance to this lens selling in a big box. Odd!

pouch: WFT! this pouch is wrong! it's totally too large and long for the lens. Do they did a mistake? I cannot use this oversized pouch. Odd!

lens hood: the retractile hood is a cool idea, but if you like me know the OM metal hood you immediately notice the difference. here he OM 135www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympuso...
    do you see the hood? no? there is but it's so thin that it's invisible!
    here the new 40-150 www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/09/15/olympus-40-150mm... answer again: can you see the hood? definitively Yes! it's a big ice bucket!

And the lens? well without the hood and the ring collar it's not so big so it can fit many better lens pouches or lens changer bags.
    The lens itself it's a piece of art, sharp, fast, internal zoom, water-dust proof. and sharp. Do I said it's sharp?

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    On the hood: a hood for a 40mm lens is a lot wider then the one for a 135/150, that is probably the main reason.

The pouch could be big to use it with the TC attached? Or with the hood extended or with the tripod collar? (???)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. davdenic

davdenic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    David D.
    The pouch is so big it could hold my em5 mounted

4. davdenic

davdenic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    David D.