4 section messenger bag?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Lew, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    I like the Lowepro Event Messenger 150(3 side-by-side sections), I would LOVE the same bag with 4 sections, side by side. The larger bags are deeper, not wider. Is there a wider messenger with 4 equally sized sections, but not deeper?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm with you. I have the very same thought. 4 columns would be perfect for me, but I haven't really seen any messengers like that. I've almost decided to take the canvas messenger I have and buy two 2-section camera inserts to put in it. Good luck.

3. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    If you put a two section insert in the middle, you might be able to create a 4 section bag (depending on the total width, of course). I've been outfitting my Domke F-803 bags with a single column insert in the middle making 3 sections for years.

4. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    That's true, too. Then I'd have lens/flash "silos" on either end. Good idea, thanks.

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    If you can't find what you want and decide two rows is the way to go, and if you want complete access to the lenses and you'd like those lenses to have hoods mounted in the ready position, and you want the bag to be rain and storm proof, look at Billingham's 7 series.

6. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    The flash is, indeed, the 4th component. All else is workable in the 3 section bag, but the flash requires the 4th section.

7. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    If your flash is an FL-600R, it can go in the bent position so that a small lens can go on top of it. That is, unless, you want the flash available at a moment's notice along with all your bagged lenses.

Folded flash on the bottom:

IMG_2115_DxO.

Hatches down.

IMG_2117_DxO.

Lens on top of it.

IMG_2118_DxO.

Here is how a 7 series bag presents lenses to the photographer; fully accessible with mounted hoods. In this case, the FL-600R in the straight position is ready to pull from it's spot. Drawn on the image are the various sizes that the bag comes in.

viewofbag.