1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

4 days in Athens, Greece

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by phrenic, May 7, 2013.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Hi folks,

Here are some random shots from my time in Athens (just one part of a larger 5 week trip..many more pictures to come). All taken with a G5 and mostly with the mz9-18mm. The Acropolis is a real delight to shoot and I was blessed with some nice clouds during my time there. The sunlight was harsh though and LR was useful for adding some contrast back into some of the shots and to add some better colour.

P1010904.

P1010924-Edit.

P1020126.

P1020166.

P1020219.

P1020231.

P1020329.

P1010817-Edit.

C&C always welcome.:smile:

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Beautiful shouts mate . Keep the good work up :thumbup::thumbup:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Oh lucky you !

Love that second last shot, the reflection....excellent.
    Really like the second shot too, the compression really works great with the lined up statues. Good job.

Comparing images 3 and 4....the sky in 3 is really purple by comparison and is the odd image out I think.

Safe travels mate.

4. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Nice set, thanks for sharing.

5. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Great pics! Makes me want to schedule a trip out there. Cant wait to see the rest

6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    You're absolutely right; super obvious when the images are next to each other. Didn't even notice while looking at them individually. I was looking at it again in LR in case I screwed something out but that was SOOC. Maybe the WB was off...or it's just those famous Panasonic jpegs. :tongue:

7. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    The ancient architecture is nicely composed and processed but my favorite image is the woman on the elevator. The composition, the inclusion of the stairs, the reflection of the stairs pointing toward the woman, her isolation within the large structure and her preoccupation while riding, all make for a nice fluid image.

8. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Excellent set. Second last is the best but I also liked the last shot ... lines, patterns and the isolation of the object. I was in Athen 15 years ago and wasn't into photography at that time ... what an opportunity lost!

9. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words all!

It's always interesting to hear what pictures people liked best and particularly why, so you can better understand what works and how to improve.