4/3rds 11-22 on epl-2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Exposed, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    I have a chance to pickup the 4/3rds 11-22 HG lens for $400. There looks to be no marks of any kind on it, I still need to look and use it in person. This sounds like a good deal, I just need the adapter.

My questions are: Does anyone have this setup and your thoughts. I am putting it on the epl-2 and use it for general photo work, nothing fast moving and Landscapes.

I would like full autofocus and exposure, what adapter should I get?

Thank you,

Randy

2. Gurin

Gurin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Sweden
    If you want autofocus you have the choice of Olympus MMF-3 or MMF-2 or the Panasonic DMW-MA1. They have the electronic contacts you need and will make the lens communicate with the body (or is it vice versa).

I use the ZD 11-22 with the MMF-3 on my Epl1. Autofocus is not fast, but it works.

Metering works just fine. It is my favorite lens on regular 4/3.

3. mauro

mauro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    near Venice, Italy
    I agree with Gurin, I use it on my e-pl1, af speed isn't as fast as m43 lenses but is usable.
    It's a fantastic lens!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    My absolute favorite lens!!! It stays on my E-P1 almost exclusively. I haven't tried it on my E-PL2, but my guess is it would be a little faster focusing, although with landscapes, that's not really and issue.

5. Shutterdad

Shutterdad Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Big D
    Jody
    One of the best lenses that I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I sold it with all of my 4/3rds gear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.