4/3rds 11-22 on epl-2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Exposed, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    I have a chance to pickup the 4/3rds 11-22 HG lens for $400. There looks to be no marks of any kind on it, I still need to look and use it in person. This sounds like a good deal, I just need the adapter.

My questions are: Does anyone have this setup and your thoughts. I am putting it on the epl-2 and use it for general photo work, nothing fast moving and Landscapes.

I would like full autofocus and exposure, what adapter should I get?

Thank you,

2. Gurin

Gurin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    If you want autofocus you have the choice of Olympus MMF-3 or MMF-2 or the Panasonic DMW-MA1. They have the electronic contacts you need and will make the lens communicate with the body (or is it vice versa).

I use the ZD 11-22 with the MMF-3 on my Epl1. Autofocus is not fast, but it works.

Metering works just fine. It is my favorite lens on regular 4/3.
  3. mauro

mauro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    near Venice, Italy
    I agree with Gurin, I use it on my e-pl1, af speed isn't as fast as m43 lenses but is usable.
    It's a fantastic lens!

4. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    My absolute favorite lens!!! It stays on my E-P1 almost exclusively. I haven't tried it on my E-PL2, but my guess is it would be a little faster focusing, although with landscapes, that's not really and issue.
  5. Shutterdad

Shutterdad Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Big D
    One of the best lenses that I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I sold it with all of my 4/3rds gear.