1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

4/3 Zuiko D Lenses and m4/3 Panasonic Cameras

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by tom2, Oct 30, 2010.

1. tom2

tom2 New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2010
    Italy
    I am a happy Olympus 4/3 user and already own two Olympus 4/3 bodies and many Zuiko Digital lenses. In the near future I would like to buy a m4/3 body to be exclusively used with Zuiko D lenses through a lens adapter. I have already purchased the Olympus MMF-1 adapter having a mind to buy a Pen camera soon.

Now I changed my mind and I intend to buy the forthcoming Panasonic GH2 but I am worried about compatibility issues. Will there be any problem by adopting the chain "Panasonic m4/3 camera + Olympus MMF-1 adapter + Zuiko Digital lens"? Could you open my mind about any possible problem could arise by using that kind of solution? Are the Olympus MMF-1 and the Panasonic DMW-MA1 adapters perfectly equivalent each other in the sense that they can be used without distinction in any combination of m4/3 camera bodies and 4/3 lenses?

Thank you in advance.

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    There will be no compatability problems, I have a small number of Olympus 4/3 lenses and have used them on a Panasonic G1 body with a Panasonic 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. The Olympus adapter is built to the same standard so is interchangable. Be aware that some lenses will not auto focus when adapted to be used on m4/3. There is a compatability list somewhere that someone else might be able to direct you to. The auto stop down feature will operate.

Barrie

3. brnmatsumoto

brnmatsumoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    • Like Like x 1