1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

4/3 Zuiko D Lenses and m4/3 Panasonic Cameras

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by tom2, Oct 30, 2010.

1. tom2

tom2 New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2010
    Italy
    I am a happy Olympus 4/3 user and already own two Olympus 4/3 bodies and many Zuiko Digital lenses. In the near future I would like to buy a m4/3 body to be exclusively used with Zuiko D lenses through a lens adapter. I have already purchased the Olympus MMF-1 adapter having a mind to buy a Pen camera soon.

Now I changed my mind and I intend to buy the forthcoming Panasonic GH2 but I am worried about compatibility issues. Will there be any problem by adopting the chain "Panasonic m4/3 camera + Olympus MMF-1 adapter + Zuiko Digital lens"? Could you open my mind about any possible problem could arise by using that kind of solution? Are the Olympus MMF-1 and the Panasonic DMW-MA1 adapters perfectly equivalent each other in the sense that they can be used without distinction in any combination of m4/3 camera bodies and 4/3 lenses?

Thank you in advance.

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    There will be no compatability problems, I have a small number of Olympus 4/3 lenses and have used them on a Panasonic G1 body with a Panasonic 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. The Olympus adapter is built to the same standard so is interchangable. Be aware that some lenses will not auto focus when adapted to be used on m4/3. There is a compatability list somewhere that someone else might be able to direct you to. The auto stop down feature will operate.

Barrie

3. brnmatsumoto

brnmatsumoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.