4/3 fisheye for $189

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by nuclearboy, May 31, 2014.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
  2. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    The m43 Rokinon/Samyang fisheye is impressive and well regarded by those that own it. I think it sells for $250 so this lens may be of interest to those that have an SLR also or perhaps some that already have an adapter.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Other mounts are the same price. If you do choose this route, I'd recommend going for a Canon or Nikon mount version. You'll need an adapter regardless and if you ever need to sell the lens, having a popular (i.e. not 4/3) mount will be a big advantage.
  4. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
  5. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Going by the picture showing this lens mounted on the nex, the native rokinon/samyang/bower version is 1/3 or even 1/4 the size.

Highly recommend the native one. Very easy to carry around and optically excellent.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well the deal is gone now. Its back up to $259
    I was thinking to get one that I could use with my film camera as well as adapted on my ยต4/3 body. I love the Circular fish eye look.. But I decided not too.
    I wish that I could find a C-mount fish eye lens that would give me 180 degree circular image on a 4/3 sensor.