4/3 35mm Macro

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi,

Hope I posted in the right place.

I want a macro lens for ma EPL-2 and thought it could be a good idea ti buy the 4/3 35 mm 3.5 macro lens. It comes off new at a good price in Italy.

Has anyone used it on :43: cameras?

What do you think about this choice?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
You can get a lot of great manual macro lenses for a lot less money, often with an included extension tube, if you're prepared to go the legacy route. The results will be just as good and likely just as easy to produce, even though you won't have AF.

Cheers

Ray

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
The 35mm is a nice light lens and quite sharp. You do have to get very close to your subject because of the short focal length so it is better for static subjects (ie flowers rather tha live insects). You will of course need an adapter from either Panny (DMW-MA1) or Oly (MMF-2).

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
The MF Canon FD 50mm, (55mm ?) and Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Macros are very good for the money - especially if you use a tripod

Also the Canon extension tubes are quite cheap

around £50 plus the cost of an adapter

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for your replys.
The problem is that I found some Nikkor 55 macro but they cost almost the same as the zuiko 35 mm new.

So I told myself that if I don't find a bargain, well better buy a new one for the same money.

The Zuoko 35 mm came up 180 euro new and the Nikkor 55mm 240 non ais.

I already have the MMF-2 adapter because the kit I bought was with double lens: 14-42 and 40-150 with adapter.
I own the Nikon 50mm 1.8 ais. the 28mm 2.8 ais and the fabulous Nikon 200 f4 ais which is sharp as a knife.

Now I wanted a real macro lens but just don't want to spend much I don't use it professionally, only for some shots to mainly static subjets but I'm not a real macro shooter.:biggrin:

tamrong

Mu-43 Regular
it produce amazing results, super reproduction ratio, very sharp & great colors,

but the focus speed is horrible,
manual focus (focus by wire) is also unusual to me.

so I end up selling it to 4/3 user.

PS. using nikon macro 55/2.8 is much easier and faster than using this ZD 35/3.5

Attachments

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
sellers have cottoned on the value of those old 55mm Nikkors - eBay prices are going up ... hard to get one for £50 now ... someone posted a thread on the forum today that Jessops in the UK are selling the 4/3 lens for £99 delivered ... if you already have the 4/3 adapter, it makes it competitive with a piece of legacy glass + adapter ...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom