4/3 35mm Macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by elandel, May 12, 2010.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

Hope I posted in the right place.

I want a macro lens for ma EPL-2 and thought it could be a good idea ti buy the 4/3 35 mm 3.5 macro lens. It comes off new at a good price in Italy.

Has anyone used it on :43: cameras?

What do you think about this choice?
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    You can get a lot of great manual macro lenses for a lot less money, often with an included extension tube, if you're prepared to go the legacy route. The results will be just as good and likely just as easy to produce, even though you won't have AF.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

The 35mm is a nice light lens and quite sharp. You do have to get very close to your subject because of the short focal length so it is better for static subjects (ie flowers rather tha live insects). You will of course need an adapter from either Panny (DMW-MA1) or Oly (MMF-2).
  4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    The MF Canon FD 50mm, (55mm ?) and Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Macros are very good for the money - especially if you use a tripod

Also the Canon extension tubes are quite cheap

around £50 plus the cost of an adapter
  5. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks for your replys.
    The problem is that I found some Nikkor 55 macro but they cost almost the same as the zuiko 35 mm new.

So I told myself that if I don't find a bargain, well better buy a new one for the same money.

The Zuoko 35 mm came up 180 euro new and the Nikkor 55mm 240 non ais.

I already have the MMF-2 adapter because the kit I bought was with double lens: 14-42 and 40-150 with adapter.
    I own the Nikon 50mm 1.8 ais. the 28mm 2.8 ais and the fabulous Nikon 200 f4 ais which is sharp as a knife.

Now I wanted a real macro lens but just don't want to spend much I don't use it professionally, only for some shots to mainly static subjets but I'm not a real macro shooter.:biggrin:
  6. tamrong

tamrong Mu-43 Regular

Jul 17, 2010
    chiangmai, thailand
    it produce amazing results, super reproduction ratio, very sharp & great colors,

but the focus speed is horrible,
    manual focus (focus by wire) is also unusual to me.

so I end up selling it to 4/3 user.

PS. using nikon macro 55/2.8 is much easier and faster than using this ZD 35/3.5

Attached Files:

7. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    sellers have cottoned on the value of those old 55mm Nikkors - eBay prices are going up ... hard to get one for £50 now ... someone posted a thread on the forum today that Jessops in the UK are selling the 4/3 lens for £99 delivered ... if you already have the 4/3 adapter, it makes it competitive with a piece of legacy glass + adapter ...