1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

3rd party EVF cups?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by battleaxe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

What are some brands that make universal 3rd part evf cups? I ask because some how in essential a 3 week time period I lost two EVF cups so I am looking to find a generic one that won't fall off.

2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    What body? I'm using cheapo Nikon DK-23 ($0.99 from Chinese evilbay sellers) eye cup replacements, the fit is perfect and has not fallen out once, whereas the Olympus fell out the day I bought the camera, and got itself permanently lost later that same week.

3. WoodrowLarson

WoodrowLarson Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 30, 2013
    New York
    Woodrow Larson
    Those would be probably very hard to find i guess.

4. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    The nikon dk-23's? Extremely easy if you look on eBay and are willing to wait 2 weeks :) Can't go wrong for 99cents.

5. battleaxe

Ah my mistake, well it's for a Sony A57, but A77 would work also. My G2 never had this problem as it was like permanently attached, I dunno why more manufactures don't do that. I will have to look up the DK-23 and see if it fits or not.

6. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Ah, I see. I use the nikon's for my OM-D E-M5. I have no idea if they would fit the Sony. Have you tried looking on e-Bay or the like? There's bound to be cheap knockoffs, usually cheap enough to buy a handful of, so even when they do fall off you have a spare or three.

7. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    See if this works for you. The cups comes with 5 or 6 different mount. Read the list of cameras in seller's text.

8. battleaxe

Crd I don't see a link? And good point about ebay, I didn't even think about it.

Edit: just checked ebay and the replacement one from sony would be cheaper to purchase from Amazon. Not clear if the ones for their DSLR would work or not, and the third-party models says it works for Nikon, Olympus(4/3), and Sony, but cost a bit too much(over $20).

9. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Next time, dab a little bit of some sort of adhesive on it before you put the eyecup on. Not superglue, but something that can be pulled apart. I'd suggest rubber cement, but I'm not sure having the solvent right around the EVF optics would be a good thing. But you should be able to find some options at Home Depot or the like, or maybe a crafts store.

10. bengtb

bengtb Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    I got myself the original eye cup and used sticky tape that's sticky on both sides to make it not fall off. Worked very well for me. Hasn't fallen off since.

11. battleaxe

I was thinking about re-ordering one and using super/krazy glue, but any reason you suggest another type of glue?

12. battleaxe

So, I can't seem to find any 3rd party evf that will like fit, so if use is a little super/crazy glue will that work, or is there a better glue option to use?