1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

3D Film photography-Viewmaster ?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Minniesmum, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I'be been a big fan of Viewmaster viewers and reels since childhood. A few years ago I bought a Viewmaster stereo camera, and eventually a film cutter and blank reels to make my own. You use colour slide film , get it processed ( and not cut/mounted ), then cut the film strips and insert them into the reels. All very tricky stuff. Anyone on here tried this ?

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My grandparents had one of those and a projector. I fondly recall seeing places and people in 3D on the living room wall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I had a Stereo Realist camera a couple years back and shot some stereo slide film. I had them mounted when processed. I didn;t know they were still making the viewmaster mounting stuff. That's pretty cool. I had tons of viewmaster reels when I was a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I don't believe the blank reels are still being made. I bought mine from Poland via eBay . They were also made by Meopta which my blank reels are. I was very lucky to get ahold of some a few years ago !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.