$324 Panasonic GX1 body only Amazon warehouse

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
There's used and there's used. I would consider things sold at Amazon Warehouse that's rated "very good" or "like new" to be effectively new. In fact, they can be new. Much like Lenovo, if Amazon sends something out and it get's returned they will sell it as used even if it's never been opened. The things I've gotten have generally had only a handful of shutter activations. Back when there were mom and pop camera stores, the "new" cameras I got from them would have more use.
The one I ordered (for $324) was listed as "like new", supposedly taken out of the box and immediately returned to the box. We'll see when it arrives, but at $324 I'd be happy with slightly used.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
The one I ordered (for $324) was listed as "like new", supposedly taken out of the box and immediately returned to the box. We'll see when it arrives, but at $324 I'd be happy with slightly used.
They had a "like new" one for $324? I thought only the "good" ones were that price. I would have bought a "like new" for $324. When was this. I've checked that link a couple times a day since OP posted.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Don, I don't see a body-only option on B&H. Wasn't that supposed to be one of the offerings? Maybe later...
Chuck... having the 14-45 already, I'll just sell the 14-42 kit lens. Ordered a silver kit for my wife and she'll keep the 14-42 kit lens for herself.

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
They had a "like new" one for $324? I thought only the "good" ones were that price. I would have bought a "like new" for $324. When was this. I've checked that link a couple times a day since OP posted.
Yup, or so it said. We'll see when it arrives! (For once I may have been lucky with timing . . . it seems I always click on these things the instant the deal disappears.)

spinyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I paid $599 for my G3 kit when new.I believe the GX1 used to sell for $899 new.A much larger drop in price.

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I paid $599 for my G3 kit when new.I believe the GX1 used to sell for $899 new.A much larger drop in price.
The G3 kits were originally $699, while the GX1 kits were $799. The GX1 price was likely based on the anticipation felt by many GF1 owners/admirers for a true successor. In other words, Panasonic knew that there would be a group of consumers willing to pay a premium for early adoption of the GX1 because they'd been waiting so long for it.

Mijo

Mu-43 Veteran
This has got to be the shortest transition from "hot new thing" to "sidewalk clearance sale" of any camera I can recall. I wonder if they just sold roughly NONE of them and are now ready to come out with the rumored GX2 so they just want to get rid of as many of them as they can and cut their losses. Would be an amazingly good second body for someone looking for that...

-Ray
I was thinking the same thing as there didn't seem to be much love for the GX1 when it first came out (or maybe owners weren't very vocal on this forum). IMO, the GX1 and OMD compliment each other really well. If I need IBIS or a tilting LCD display then I go to my OMD. If I need a smaller set up then I go with the GX1 w/o the EVF.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
The love for the GX1 did seem to be slow to take off, but now it seems like its on most everyone's radar. Seems like a great body. I'm trying to resist, but all the exitement for it has a tendency to cause a build of GAS. It would seem a bit too early for the appearance of the GX2, but life cycles of m4/3 bodies are surprisingly short.

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
The love for the GX1 did seem to be slow to take of, but now it seems like its on most everyone's radar.
Ha, well dropping like 60% of the price in a year will tend to do that. Price/performance ratio just jumped quite a bit.

Pretty good premium camera/800$ = meh
Pretty good premium camera/350$ = nice value

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
Just a followup . . . my GX1 arrived today! Brand spanking new (it looks like the camera was taken out of the box and its wrapper, and then immediately replaced). I've been spending some quality time with all those buttons and menus, but will post some photos when I get a chance.

Thanks to the OP for pointing out this great deal!

M

michaeln

Welcome to the club, Mellow. I'm betting you will really enjoy using your GX1.

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
First pic from my new GX1!

I know this isn't supposed to be an image thread, but I couldn't resist putting in one from the backyard:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Really impressed with the low noise and great DR.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom