1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

$324 Panasonic GX1 body only Amazon warehouse

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Amazon warehouse has some GX1 black body only starting from $324. Great price!

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00604YTFM/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&condition=used&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=mu43-20">Amazon.com: Used and New: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 16 MP Micro 4/3 Compact System Camera with 3-Inch LCD Touch Screen Body Only (Black)</a>[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Craziness.

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Damn. I just bought another GF2. They have plenty of them though, if they don't sell and the price drops under $300, I'm in.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    That's a seriously cheap for a very good m43 body.

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So... these are just some of the bodies from the original daily deal that people have returned for whatever reason?

Dang, I have zero need for another camera, but that price! :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Insanity !

7. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    this could only mean new cameras quite soon!....gotta resist the temptation!

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Sure glad I didn't buy one when it first came out at what 8-900$...

9. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    omg....i really need that next paycheck to come now..!!!!!!

10. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Yeah... GX2 with built-in EVF, fully articulating screen, G5 sensor tech & processor! :eek:  (One can hope...) :smile:

(Those are used bodies, at that price...) :frown:

11. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    must resist...

12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Maybe if we all resist together...

I think I've convinced myself that my GF3 is a better second body for me because it is fractionally smaller. Any other reasons to prefer the GF3? :rofl:

One other point to mention about these Amazon deals. Sometimes they don't keep getting lower. Case in point is the Fuji X10. I had one; sold it; missed it; then saw it for ~ $360 on Amazon Warehouse back in May. Almost pulled the trigger, but figured the price would only improve. It's been about $100 more than that since then, just recently coming back down to the $360 mark.

Moral of the story, if you want the GX1 jump on it now. It's a great deal, and might not get much better any time soon.

13. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
  14. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    And EVF, tilt screen, and grip? (hey this is kinda sounding like an OMD :wink:)

15. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    G3 is pretty small, i was surprised after seeing it in person

16. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    I always thought the G/GHs were pretty big. Back when I had both a Olympus E420 and a GH1, they felt pretty much the same size.

17. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    That would be me, and that's the drawback of being an early adopter. When I feel any regret, I look through the pictures I've taken since owning the gx1 and that helps

18. ballcall2

ballcall2 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2012
    Do you think that it has any kind of warranty? Can you buy a mack warranty for used cameras?

19. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    The GX1 is almost exactly the same thickness as the GF3 with lens attached, but is a few mm longer. To me, thickness is the critical number--it determines how easily a camera slips into/out of a pocket (yes, that's where I carry mine a lot of the time).

The GX1/GF3 is actually thinner than the E-PM1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.