1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

$324 Panasonic GX1 body only Amazon warehouse

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Amazon warehouse has some GX1 black body only starting from $324. Great price!

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00604YTFM/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&condition=used&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=mu43-20">Amazon.com: Used and New: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 16 MP Micro 4/3 Compact System Camera with 3-Inch LCD Touch Screen Body Only (Black)</a>[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Craziness.

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Damn. I just bought another GF2. They have plenty of them though, if they don't sell and the price drops under $300, I'm in.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    That's a seriously cheap for a very good m43 body.

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So... these are just some of the bodies from the original daily deal that people have returned for whatever reason?

Dang, I have zero need for another camera, but that price! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Insanity !

7. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    this could only mean new cameras quite soon!....gotta resist the temptation!

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Sure glad I didn't buy one when it first came out at what 8-900$...

9. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    omg....i really need that next paycheck to come now..!!!!!!

10. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Yeah... GX2 with built-in EVF, fully articulating screen, G5 sensor tech & processor! :eek: (One can hope...) :smile:

(Those are used bodies, at that price...) :frown:

11. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    must resist...

12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Maybe if we all resist together...

I think I've convinced myself that my GF3 is a better second body for me because it is fractionally smaller. Any other reasons to prefer the GF3? :rofl:

One other point to mention about these Amazon deals. Sometimes they don't keep getting lower. Case in point is the Fuji X10. I had one; sold it; missed it; then saw it for ~ $360 on Amazon Warehouse back in May. Almost pulled the trigger, but figured the price would only improve. It's been about $100 more than that since then, just recently coming back down to the $360 mark.

Moral of the story, if you want the GX1 jump on it now. It's a great deal, and might not get much better any time soon.

13. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
  14. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    And EVF, tilt screen, and grip? (hey this is kinda sounding like an OMD :wink:)

15. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    G3 is pretty small, i was surprised after seeing it in person

16. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    I always thought the G/GHs were pretty big. Back when I had both a Olympus E420 and a GH1, they felt pretty much the same size.

17. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    That would be me, and that's the drawback of being an early adopter. When I feel any regret, I look through the pictures I've taken since owning the gx1 and that helps

18. ballcall2

ballcall2 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2012
    Do you think that it has any kind of warranty? Can you buy a mack warranty for used cameras?

19. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    The GX1 is almost exactly the same thickness as the GF3 with lens attached, but is a few mm longer. To me, thickness is the critical number--it determines how easily a camera slips into/out of a pocket (yes, that's where I carry mine a lot of the time).

The GX1/GF3 is actually thinner than the E-PM1.