1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

30 years from Canon T50 to OMD-EM1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AussiePhil, Jul 28, 2014.

1. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    I've had the two canon cameras sitting around since I unpack a camera case to get the FD lenses and really thought that the EM1 was quite similar in size and feel and was not surprised when I lined them up to see how similar it was.

Left to Right
    OMD-EM1 - E3 - E300 - Canon T70 - Canon T50
    P7280018.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

EM1 below the T70, the EM1 is a touch thinner but with a deeper hand grip, interesting to note how bulky the E3 looks and even the E300 that was praised as small looks a little chubby in this company
    P7280019.jpg

I loved the T70, interesting to note that it also has the power switch on the left so the EM1 power on the left is back to normal for me :) 
    P7280020.jpg

Straight comparison
    T70
    Dimensions: 151mm(W) x 89.2mm(H) x 48.4 mm(D)
    Weight: 530 g body only.

OMD EM1
    T70
    Dimensions: 130mm(W) x 94mm(H) x 63 mm(D)
    Weight: 497 g body only.

The difference in depth being the hand grip

• Like Like x 1
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    These two cameras of mine are certainly smaller than my E-1 or E-3 and the Pentax is pretty close in size to my E-M1. It's interesting how DSLRs had to become so bulky, when film SLRs were often quite modest in size. Even my Minolta XM was probably smaller than my E-3.

cameras.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.