30% off any camera at Staples.

billsnyder

Mu-43 Rookie
I took this coupon to best buy and they coupon matched. I am the new owner of an OMD 12-50mm kit. Jackpot!!!

curveshooter

Mu-43 Regular
I took this coupon to best buy and they coupon matched. I am the new owner of an OMD 12-50mm kit. Jackpot!!!
Best Buy had the OMD in stock at the store? None of the BB stores near me has it. I can have it ordered to the store for pickup, but I'm guessing they wouldn't honor the coupon in that case.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Hah, that is sweet! I wouldn't have thought of dong that. No Staples or Best Buy would ever carry the OM-D in my city. Staples doesn't even carry Non-Reflex to begin with, only point-and-shoots here. But the coupon does just say 30% off any camera, lol.

Just read the fine print though, and it's only valid in the US. :(

billsnyder

Mu-43 Rookie
curveshooter said:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you went to the store, they didn't have it in stock, but placed an order for you and accepted the coupon for a coupon match?

Correct.

dan623

Mu-43 Rookie
Wow - I'm going to head to Best Buy at lunch to try this on an OM-D kit!

dan623

Mu-43 Rookie
Did your local Best Buy carry it or was it online and they just ordered it for you? Did they give you any hassle?

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Both Best Buy and Staples have much larger selections online than in store. Both allow you to order the online items in store for delivery. If ordered in store, it's considered an instore purchase.

rnagoda

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Robert
I know this is a m43 forum, but with Best Buy coupon matching this, nobody is thinking D4, 1D-X, 5dMkIII, etc? 30% off of those puppies is huge!!

I checked for the GH3, and of the GH series they inexplicably only show the GH1 - for $1299?!?!?!?!?!

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Both Best Buy and Staples have much larger selections online than in store. Both allow you to order the online items in store for delivery. If ordered in store, it's considered an instore purchase.

Do you know if how you order impacts their ability to honor the Staples coupon?

--Ken

billsnyder

Mu-43 Rookie
rnagoda said:
I know this is a m43 forum, but with Best Buy coupon matching this, nobody is thinking D4, 1D-X, 5dMkIII, etc? 30% off of those puppies is huge!!

I checked for the GH3, and of the GH series they inexplicably only show the GH1 - for $1299?!?!?!?!?!

The thought crossed my mind... a potential 6D preorder

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro

Staples sells the old 5DMKII. People used the 20% coupon to get that. People were also buying the D800 at 20% off at Staples.

The coupon matching thing at Best Buy is a new thing. It's nothing official but the BB mgrs have been encouraged to be more creative in generating revenue. BB is on the ropes. Last year, if you brought in a percentage off ad and asked them to price match, they would deny it. This year... I just used a Toy's 'R Us 10% off ad and the cashier sales matched it without blinking and without mgr approval. There's a button for it on her register.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Do you know if how you order impacts their ability to honor the Staples coupon?

--Ken

It's been my experience with matching is that they will honor it under the exact terms of the coupon. For this coupon, it must be an in store order. All that really means for Best Buy or Staples is that it must be paid for in a physical store. In the past people could place orders at home for delivery at Staples.com and then take a print out to pay in store. They eliminated that feature but you can still do the same in every Staples store at the Kiosk.

In Best Buy they have an instore ordering system. Place the order there and it will be rung up exactly like an instore purchase.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
It's been my experience with matching is that they will honor it under the exact terms of the coupon. For this coupon, it must be an in store order. All that really means for Best Buy or Staples is that it must be paid for in a physical store. In the past people could place orders at home for delivery at Staples.com and then take a print out to pay in store. They eliminated that feature but you can still do the same in every Staples store at the Kiosk.

In Best Buy they have an instore ordering system. Place the order there and it will be rung up exactly like an instore purchase.

Thank you. This is helpful information. I have an appointment near a Best Buy this evening, so I will try and stop by if my wallet does not protest too much! :eek:

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom